No announcement yet.

TA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade inflation at it's best. but in this case for an intro course, I agree with it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Actually that is pretty good and I was joking. I only apply curves of that sort if I think I made a too difficult test or something.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Heh. For us, 4/10 is a passing grade, but usually that means about 60% / 70% of the exam and no glaring mistakes or ignorance of any topic. My wife is always complaining how this is ridiculous and arbitrary and that 70% should be 7/10.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Since I'm just a TA, curving is not in my job description. But yes, for my upper level astronomy and physics courses, numerical score and final grade letter are often only loosely related.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• so hand out candy grades and move on
            Usually give students either their final grade or whatever they got over their three big tests during the term, whichever is higher. I figure if they learned the material well enough to smoke my final they deserve to be rewarded.

I don't curve. Think I'm up around... 80 this year for the average. Kids did good.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
            X