No announcement yet.

Drunkithreadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was assuming you felt that way. I apologize if I was too presumptious. You see, unlike the others here at Poly, AAHZ is capable of having a civil religious discussion with you. Ironic considering we are religious "enemies."

I also did not mean to ignore an earlier statement made by you about AAHZ selling his "soul." Do you believe Satan and Baalzebul will give me a high rank position in Hell because of my faith and loyalty? Or will they throw my "soul" in the burner?
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Eternal punishment for temporal rewards is the classic Faustian bargain. I am not questioning your statement, "you have been blessed by YHWH", I am merely asking the question - in what way do you believe I have been blessed. Not presumptuous in the slightest. Just trying to gage what you meant by what you said.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well I believe I said, "I believe Baalzebul blessed me in the same way you believe YHWH blesses you." I later said, "I was assuming you felt that way."

So logically I assumed you believed YHWH blessed you because of your faith. I then later apologized if I was incorrect, as my god blesses me for mine.
        Order of the Fly

Comment

You have nothing to apologize for. I was curious how you believe that YHWH blesses people.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Well my brother is a good example. He is a damn near Evangelical. Hell, maybe he is. I don't know the specifics of his church. He sets up events and even met his wife there. not even a few years later?

He now makes 6 figures. Computer Programmer. Taught by someone he met at church. He doesn't even have a degree.

So that is one way I have witnessed YHWH bless one of his followers.
            Order of the Fly

Comment

Ok, what about Job? Have you read the book of Job?

I had to have stuff taken away from me as a blessing from God - because he had other plans for me - or because it was what I needed at the time.

Comment

Alright, Nighty night - y'all. Whisky is pretty good. Won't be hungover either.

Comment

I shall ponder over your question and continue our discussion at a later time.

Goodnite.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Holy crap - this is an amazing thread.

Ben, I don't drink and don't approve of drinking, but the evidence here is that you should do it more. I like mellow Ben's act, no kiddin'.
                    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I'm actually a pretty mellow dude. I rage on poly so I don't have to in RL.

Comment

...Funny that; I practice pretending to be calmer and more rational online than I really am, which I find to be good practice for RL. -Not a snotty comeback; the truth...

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                          Ben, I don't drink and don't approve of drinking
                          **** you grandad!!

Comment

Both my grandads were weekend drunks.

Some jokes are true.

No pasarán

Comment

I must say, Ben, I couldn't stop thinking about your last question. I knew a bit about Job, and did a bit of quick research. It seems I was judging YHWH based on how he blessed my brother and left me in the ****can with my mental disability. I was mad and turned to Baalzebul.

Whether or not he helped me or not aside, maybe I judged YHWH too harshly. And I have gained tremendous insight on how to deal with my problem since then, but still.

Maybe I will read The Book of Job in full.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Read the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X