No announcement yet.

Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Unless they find out that Trump himself was involved I don't see it affecting any votes. Heck if they indict any of the Repug establishment it might actually help the Dumpster.
      I'd be more worried about the Bernie supporters staying home.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
        http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/25/po...oll/index.html

Donald Trump comes out of his convention ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, topping her 44% to 39% in a four-way matchup including Gary Johnson (9%) and Jill Stein (3%) and by three points in a two-way head-to-head, 48% to 45%. That latter finding represents a 6-point convention bounce for Trump, which are traditionally measured in two-way matchups.
        Other polls put it at dead even.

Glad to see the Trump cheerleader on. The RNC is over.

BTW his lead has already evaporated in several polls.

A new Economist poll has Hillary ahead by 5%.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Silver's "now-cast," updated with fresh surveys on Monday, shows Trump's current likelihood of winning at 57.5 percent, compared with Clinton’s 42.5 percent.

Political analyst Nate Silver’s latest forecast has Republican nominee Donald Trump with a 15 percentage point-greater chance of beating presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if the election were held today, according to FiveThirtyEight.
          "It's not Trump's convention bounce per se that should worry Dems. That's pretty normal. It's how it became so close to begin with," Silver tweeted. "Trump trailed by around 3 points in our forecasts a week ago. Typical convention bounce is 4 points. So you end up at Trump +1 or so."

"Don't think people are really grasping how plausible it is that Trump could become president. It's a close election right now," he warned last week.

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...winning-226114

Political analyst Nate Silver’s latest forecast has Republican nominee Donald Trump with a 15 percentage point-greater chance of beating presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if the election were held today, according to FiveThirtyEight.
            "It's not Trump's convention bounce per se that should worry Dems. That's pretty normal. It's how it became so close to begin with," Silver tweeted. "Trump trailed by around 3 points in our forecasts a week ago. Typical convention bounce is 4 points. So you end up at Trump +1 or so."

"Don't think people are really grasping how plausible it is that Trump could become president. It's a close election right now," he warned last week.

Mindless.

She will increase her lead again and you will vanish. After the DNC, her lead will go back to where it should be I think. Trump has already seen his lead evaporate.

I take it Bill, Michelle and Elizabeth all had something to do with that.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• And never have I seen someone want to ruin this country like this cheerleader.

Hillary has a significant advantage when it comes to the electoral college and demographics. I remember when Mitt Romney was leading in many national polls too lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                And never have I seen someone want to ruin this country like this cheerleader.

Hillary has a significant advantage when it comes to the electoral college and demographics. I remember when Mitt Romney was leading in many national polls too lmao.
                Stage 1: denial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
                  Stage 1: denial.
                  Stage 1: Delusions.

Nice try troll.

Keep on the cheerleading!

Comment

• Entertainment value of this election will be the best one yet.

Donald Trump has a new, derisive nickname for his Democratic rival: Hillary “Rotten†Clinton.

Addressing backers Monday in an overly warm ballroom in Roanoke, Virginia, the Republican presidential nominee lashed out at Clinton as low-energy and needing naps. He argued that she dropped her maiden name, Rodham, because it sounds like “rotten.â€

“Why did she get rid of it? Hillary Rotten Clinton, Rotten Clinton. Hillary Rotten Clinton, right?†Trump told the crowd. “Maybe that’s why, it’s too close.â€
                    During the Virginia rally, the billionaire businessman unleashed a barrage of attacks against Clinton in light of the latest scandal to overshadow her run for office. He accused Clinton of disloyalty for not protecting outgoing Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz following the release of hacked emails that suggest some DNC staffers favored Clinton over Sanders.

Trump claims Wasserman Schultz “worked very hard to rig the system†in Clinton’s favor, and Clinton responded by throwing her “under the bus.â€

*we need a new thread though for this stuff...

Comment

Entertainment value of this election will be the best one yet.

Donald Trump has a new, derisive nickname for his Democratic rival: Hillary “Rotten” Clinton.

Addressing backers Monday in an overly warm ballroom in Roanoke, Virginia, the Republican presidential nominee lashed out at Clinton as low-energy and needing naps. He argued that she dropped her maiden name, Rodham, because it sounds like “rotten.”

“Why did she get rid of it? Hillary Rotten Clinton, Rotten Clinton. Hillary Rotten Clinton, right?” Trump told the crowd. “Maybe that’s why, it’s too close.”
                      During the Virginia rally, the billionaire businessman unleashed a barrage of attacks against Clinton in light of the latest scandal to overshadow her run for office. He accused Clinton of disloyalty for not protecting outgoing Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz following the release of hacked emails that suggest some DNC staffers favored Clinton over Sanders.

Trump claims Wasserman Schultz “worked very hard to rig the system” in Clinton’s favor, and Clinton responded by throwing her “under the bus.”

*we need a new thread though for this stuff...
                      Rotten... Coming from the ****head candidate under a tax audit.

One foot... Somewhere.

You are a hoot. You make absolutely no argument at all.

Comment

• The official Democratic Party platform is out, and compared with their Republican opponents, the Democrats are calling for fewer constitutional amendments in the near future.

You like republicans? Read what Trump and the GOP will bring as far as amendments. Outlawing the right for women to choose, "allowing states to define marriage" and other crap like that.

This just makes everything more serious. All republicans care about are religion, gays and abortion. Their stupid ****ing platform doesn't even address anything. Just another year of the same lame attempt to drum up support for their social conservative bigotry. They will fail.

All they do is step over people and citizens they hate. Dirty fools.

Comment

• More Trump supporters on here than I can count.

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I don't think anyone here has come out as a Trump supporter. Considering that there are quite a few proclaimed GOPers here, it's quite telling.
                          There don't have to be very many Trump supporters for there to be too many for Fez to count.
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...winning-226114

I believe the word is "schadenfreude".
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              I'd be more worried about the Bernie supporters staying home.
                              At least some of them are going Stein. Not sure how widespread the sentiment is, but I've got a very vocal former Sandernista turned Steiny in my FB news feed.
                              If his sentiments are echoes by a significant number of former Sandernistas you may see the rise of some viable 3rd parties as a result of the current farce.
                              'Tis an ill wind that blows no good at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                                There don't have to be very many Trump supporters for there to be too many for Fez to count.
                                You are stumbling on your words again. I have consistently backed myself up. Don't drink while posting on a forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X