Munich mass shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    Nope, shoot6ing people with a gun isn't automatically a terrorist attack ... else the USA would be full of terrorists

Considering that the motives obviously was the revenge of a kid that had been mobbed at school, it surely wasn't a terrorist attack ...he didn't do it because of a religious or political agenda
    According to Ben...

This wasn't a terrorist attack.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Well, to make Ben happy:

Looks like we now have the first genuine act of (probably islamist) suicide bombing in germany

A syrian refugee (who had been living in germany for 2 years and was recently denied refugee status) blasted himself to death in the inner city of Ansbach, yesterday evening/night.
      Obviously he previously attempted to gain entry into a large music festival (with 2500 visitors) that took place in the town, but was refused entrance by the security because he lkacked a ticket.
      Very fortunate, as it probably would have resulted in dozens if not hundreds of dead, had he blasted himself away on the festival.

A short time afterwards he ignited his backpack bomb near the entrance, killing himself and wounding 12 people standing nearby.

The Syrian suicide bomber who attacked a music festival in Ansbach, Germany, pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, officials say.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        I didn't know that Assad was Christian. You've got 4, 5 different players in Syria - and none of them are Christians.
        Exactly. Assad is not Christian, he's a legitimately elected democratic government. It's the Christians who tried to overthrow democratically elected government of that country and almost destroyed said country in a process - and now you have very deserved problems with refugees from that country.
        Knowledge is Power

Comment

It's the Christians who tried to overthrow democratically elected government of that country and almost destroyed said country in a process - and now you have very deserved problems with refugees from that country
          You've got 5 different players in Syria, none of whom are Christian. And you're blaming Christians for their mess?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Very fortunate, as it probably would have resulted in dozens if not hundreds of dead, had he blasted himself away on the festival.
            Indeed. If you read through some of the accounts - you are struck by the little things that happen to save lives. In the Columbine Shooting - both, not just one or the other, both propane bombs didn't go off - if they had - it would have killed several hundred people. In the school explosion in Michigan - one of the bombs placed below the school... did not go off. Saved the lives of about 50 children.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Wow. You just justified mass slaughter. You are a damn vile idiot.
              I paraphrased Breivik's manifesto. Apparently Giancarlo doesn't understand paraphrases.

This comment alone is justifying of a ban. You just advocated slaughter of immigrants. I don't care what you say to try to back out of this one. You lazy fool... You have never worked hard in your life. Vile disgusting reprehensible man.
              Where am I arguing that what Breivik wrote is correct? I think Breivik is scum and immigrants killing each other is what he wants, FFS.

Comment

There are significant numbers of Christians in Syria and many are entangled in some rebel groups, as well as some siding with government forces. You don't know anything about the region.
                Uh, last I checked - none of the Syrian players are Christian armies. You have five different muslim factions.

Comment

It works wonders when ppl take a bit of time to separate what is actually known from hearsay and rumours. There is no evidence to this time for the Munich shooter acting with an islamist/terror bg.

For those who lost track:

18 July: An axe-wielding teenage asylum seeker from Afghanistan is shot dead after injuring five people in an attack on a train. IS claims the attack, releasing a video recorded by the attacker before the incident

22 July: A German teenager of Iranian extraction goes on a shooting rampage in the Bavarian state capital, Munich, killing nine people, most of them migrants, before shooting himself. He is said to have been obsessed with school shootings

24 July: A Syrian asylum seeker is arrested in the town of Reutlingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, after allegedly killing a Polish woman with a machete and injuring two other people. Police suggest it was probably a "crime of passion"

24 July: A failed Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up outside a music festival in the small Bavarian town of Ansbach, injuring 12 other people. Motive not immediately clear
                  taken from: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758

So for now the 1st is established as terror/IS/lone wolf, and the last of those above may be, but is too early to tell. For the two others, incl. the Munich shooting police have found no evidence so far for an political/terror motive.
                  Blah

Comment

You've got 5 different players in Syria, none of whom are Christian. And you're blaming Christians for their mess?
                    Christians, namely NATO, created that mess in Syria, Lybia, Iran, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Balkans... And that's only a recent ones in the regions that are close to my country, i don't really check every single conflict in the world.
                    Knowledge is Power

Comment

Ignoring that the Soviet war in Afghanistan was way more devastating in terms of casualties
                      Blah

Comment

Indeed. If you read through some of the accounts - you are struck by the little things that happen to save lives. In the Columbine Shooting - both, not just one or the other, both propane bombs didn't go off - if they had - it would have killed several hundred people. In the school explosion in Michigan - one of the bombs placed below the school... did not go off. Saved the lives of about 50 children.
                        Aye ...
                        it is quite interesting ... the syrian was intelligent/konwledgeable enough to build his own IED ...
                        he even was intelligent enough to add screws and other metal pieces in order to create shrapnels and thereby cause even more injuries/deaths
                        but he forgot the most important thing ... i.e. buying a ticket to get on the festival grounds

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Christians, namely NATO, created that mess in Syria, Lybia, Iran, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Balkans... And that's only a recent ones in the regions that are close to my country, i don't really check every single conflict in the world.
                          What about Chechenya?

Comment

I paraphrased Breivik's manifesto. Apparently Giancarlo doesn't understand paraphrases.

Where am I arguing that what Breivik wrote is correct? I think Breivik is scum and immigrants killing each other is what he wants, FFS.
                            You justified the slaughter by basically saying immigrants are the problem. You are a stupid vile man and you should be banned.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                              Aye ...
                              it is quite interesting ... the syrian was intelligent/konwledgeable enough to build his own IED ...
                              he even was intelligent enough to add screws and other metal pieces in order to create shrapnels and thereby cause even more injuries/deaths
                              but he forgot the most important thing ... i.e. buying a ticket to get on the festival grounds

incompetent terrorists.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

no to freeloaders

Comment

Working...
                                X