Which Religion's Slavers Were Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    And you claim to be English? Slavery was abolished in the Empire well before the Civil War. Do they even teach history in England these days? The whole 'underground railroad' thing existed because slavery had been abolished in the Empire...
    So America wasn't actually run by Christians then? Or are you just once again trying to craw a ridiculous arbitrary line to stop your pathetic lame argument from collapsing in on itself. Again.

Why shouldn't we be?
    For the same reason rape victims don't thank their rapist for driving them home afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Pro-Slavery christians = Shipped 12.5 million human beings across the Atlantic in chains, around 1.8m died during the crossing, and countless millions more were worked to death, tortured, raped and murdered by their Christian 'owners'.

Anti-Slavery christians = Finally managed to abolish slavery after around 300 years and a civil war that caused the deaths of a further 700-900,000 human beings.

Ben = Thinks Christians should be thanked for abolishing slavery...
      Anti-slavery Christians were involved at the same time as the pro-slavery Christians.

It is just that there were more pro-slavery Christians for some time.

It is the anti-slavery Christians that led the fight against slavery, not the deists or the atheists.

JM
      (And if you look at other measures of religiosity, like sacrifice for Christianity and so on, the anti-slavery Christians were the more religious Christians always.)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So America wasn't actually run by Christians then? Or are you just once again trying to craw a ridiculous arbitrary line to stop your pathetic lame argument from collapsing in on itself. Again.
        I'm talking about Britain and Wilberforce. Who, in fact, freed the slaves. Who, did in fact cite the Gospel before Westminster in arguing that slavery was contrary and odious to the Christian faith.

For the same reason rape victims don't thank their rapist for driving them home afterwards.
        Wilberforce never owned slaves.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          Anti-slavery Christians were involved at the same time as the pro-slavery Christians.

It is just that there were more pro-slavery Christians for some time.

It is the anti-slavery Christians that led the fight against slavery, not the deists or the atheists.

JM
          (And if you look at other measures of religiosity, like sacrifice for Christianity and so on, the anti-slavery Christians were the more religious Christians)
          When did you turn into Ben mark II?

Comment

Where does Trent say anything about oral tradition?
            It means that you believe that God communicates to your authority in the same respect that he communicated to the early church. You know that,
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It means that you believe that God communicates to your authority in the same respect that he communicated to the early church. You know that,
              I know what oral tradition *is*, I'm challenging your assertion that Trent made claims about oral tradition. Where did Trent make claims about oral tradition?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

The same time you claimed you left England.

Comment

The same time you claimed you left England.
                  Ok, I'm amused enough to bite. Why exactly would I claim to live in France if I didn't live in France? What exactly would be the point of that?

Comment

Ok, I'm amused enough to bite. Why exactly would I claim to live in France if I didn't live in France? What exactly would be the point of that?
                    Why do you claim similar things about me? Sokath, his eyes uncovered.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Religion tends to render people immune to critical thought...
                      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Why do you claim similar things about me? Sokath, his eyes uncovered.
                        I never doubted you moved to Texas, I can't think of a more appropriate place for you other than Somalia.

Comment

The nuthouse?
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I never doubted you moved to Texas, I can't think of a more appropriate place for you other than Somalia.
                            Isn't the much more simpler explanation that, yes, Ben is actually telling the truth when he has a history degree?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              You're confusing the religion with what the followers do. I never claimed that Christians don't sin, or that people don't claim to be Christians to make it easier for them to do horrible things. I'm talking about the religion. Maybe you're too stupid to know the difference, maybe not. Maybe this is some sort of mental illness in your part.
                              Yep... in KIDLAND, anybody that doesn't agree with him is either stupid or has a mental illness.
                              Classic!

My point is people can claim to be Muslim, but not believe in Islam. There really is no point in continuing this discussion with you, so I will just start ridiculing you, as you deserve.
                              Your attempted ridicules always fail because 99% of the posters here laugh at you and your beliefs.
                              Plus many of your ridicules don't even make sense.

Feel free to sprout you normal crap and feel like you have won something or accomplished something.
                              We will all continue to laugh at you.

So go for it... Make us laugh some more.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Isn't the much more simpler explanation that, yes, Ben is actually telling the truth when he has a history degree?
                                I don't doubt you have a history degree, getting a degree is not particularly difficult. The fact that you have a degree and yet completely ignore everything it taught you however, instead twisting facts to fit your stupid religious obsession is what I have an issue with. Well that and your compulsive dishonesty. It's actually a shame because if you weren't such a lying douche, you might actually be fun to debate with.

Comment

Working...
                                X