Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Well dang, why would God want you to trust him. That's totally irrational.
    A God who wants me to trust Him probably shouldn't tell His people to go rape and murder women and children. Unless He wants me to trust him that He's willing to have His believers go rape and murder women and children. Though He'd need to tell me that Himself, because I don't really trust people who say God was telling them to go rape and murder women and children. I tend to think they are using God as an excuse so they can go rape and murder women and children.

Prejudice is not sane skepticism. Does that need explaining?
    You could say sane skepticism is a form of prejudice against unfounded claims. But generally we don't use "prejudice" that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      A God who wants me to trust Him probably shouldn't tell His people to go rape and murder women and children. Unless He wants me to trust him that He's willing to have His believers go rape and murder women and children. Though He'd need to tell me that Himself, because I don't really trust people who say God was telling them to go rape and murder women and children. I tend to think they are using God as an excuse so they can go rape and murder women and children.
      This is just ridiculous. If you're trying to come off as the more reasonable person, you should try something different.

You could say sane skepticism is a form of prejudice against unfounded claims. But generally we don't use "prejudice" that way.
      The prejudice comes in when you say that unfounded claims are false. Skeptics don't know everything. In fact, skepticism is more about stating that you don't know things than stating that you do know things. You can be a skeptic and Christian at the same time. It just means that you believe things based on faith for Christian reasons which I won't get into.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

That's funny, because no Christians believe that the Bible condons rape. In fact, you're the only person I know that thinks that.
        I proved to you that it's written in the bible in black and white. So you are saying that Christians don't believe in the bible?

On the other hand a significant number of Muslims believe that the Koran commands men to beat their wives. Feminists alsi believe that, and ao do most non Muslims who have read the Koran.
        Again, prejudice. The bible clearly condones rape as an example to the Israelites.

Another of your many prejudices is claiming that Christians don't believe what is written in the bible, while at the same time claiming that muslims believe in the passage in the Quran about beating women.

Comment

• Yes, a man is suppose to be the head of the house, but he is suppose to treat his wife so well that his wife has no need for rights.
          This. you are a misogynist that doesn't believe in women's rights.

Comment

• (because the bible tells him it's OK)
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
              This. you are a misogynist that doesn't believe in women's rights.
              How is treating people so well that they don't need rights misogyny?

Comment

• That sounds similar to 1800's southerners that justified slavery by saying they treated their slaves so well.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Comment

If you have not the slightest inkling about how ****ed up that statement is, maybe the reason why you hate women so much is that when your mother gave birth, she dropped you on your head?

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                      I proved to you that it's written in the bible in black and white. So you are saying that Christians don't believe in the bible?
                      Straw man. You proved a straw man. More logical fallacies. Just stop it already. Christians don't believe that rape is ok because the Bible says it's not ok.

Again, prejudice. The bible clearly condones rape as an example to the Israelites.

Another of your many prejudices is claiming that Christians don't believe what is written in the bible, while at the same time claiming that muslims believe in the passage in the Quran about beating women.
                      They do believe what is written in the Bible. You aren't suppose to cherry pick the Bible. Some times that happens, but as far as I know, no one has said that it's ok to rape women, except you.

Comment

The part where you deny them the rights "they don't need" based on their gender.

Comment

• Kid spewing hateful racist crap
                          So, I'm not to cherry-pick from the bible where it explicitly condones the rape of innocents, and yet you're allowed to cherry-pick from the Quran, an isolated passage that I have to take on face value from you, that condones beating wives that have wronged their partners...

The village is missing its idiot!

Comment

• Man: "Hi honey, I am so nice to you that I will allow you to tell me how your day was!"
                            Woman: "You pretentious *******, I want a divorce"
                            Man: "Oh honey, that's a good one. I'm so nice to you you don't need to have the right to divorce me!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              The part where you deny them the rights "they don't need" based on their gender.
                              I'm not doing that. All I'm doing is saying a Christian marriage is the right way.

Comment

• comedy gold...
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X