Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    You are actually right about this.
    Especially if we consider Mark 16:15-18

So, according to the bible, anyone who is a true christian is able to drink deadly poison without getting hurt.
    Is there any true christian here who wants to put this to a test?
    The key is if God tells them to. You aren't going to drink poison because a non-believer tells you to prove that you're a true Christian.

Also, you aren't understanding how Jesus spoke. He was saying that you can do anything that God tells you to do. That is not an exhaustive list. Christians aren't just suppose to go around drinking poison.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No. They aren't the same God. Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet, and they don't believe in the Gospels. Also, they believe husbands should beat their wives etc....
      So, you are a muslim now ?
      I guess they must be extatic.
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        And as I provided you with evidence for last time you came out with this crap, he also refers to the bible as the Holy Bible in the same speech. So is he a Christian Muslim, or a Muslim Christian?
        I was just making a comment on how absurd it is for him to call it the Holy Koran. I would guess that if he is spiritual he probably believes in the occult or some others leftist belief system.

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
          I've smashed every one of your retarded arguments out of the park - the entire site is laughing at you!

I admit I was disgusted with what I read - the bible is basically barbaric - especially the bit about pimping out your daughter to be gang raped - which I read with my own eyes in the bible! But then, you like rape, so I understand why that passage probably gave you a boner...

THEY ARE THE SAME GOD, YOU INEFFABLE CRETIN!!!

Jesus is not God, you full-on ******!!!

Congratulations, you'd just used your racist bigotry towards another religion to condemn your OWN God!
          If you would have read the Bible like a normal person, instead of a pervert fixating on rape stories you would remember that Jesus said no one get's to the Father except through the Son. If you don't believe in the Son you don't believe in the Father, because they are one. The Son does the will of the Father.

Comment

The key is if God tells them to. You aren't going to drink poison because a non-believer tells you to prove that you're a true Christian.

Also, you aren't understanding how Jesus spoke. He was saying that you can do anything that God tells you to do. That is not an exhaustive list. Christians aren't just suppose to go around drinking poison.
            Sceptical minds might object that you (not you personally, but rather, chritians in general) just reinterpret the bible in a way that suits yourself ... in order to avoid to really have to test your faith (or, more exactly, to have passages in the bible endanger your faith)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I was just making a comment on how absurd it is for him to call it the Holy Koran.
              Or maybe as he's the president of a country that includes people of all different faiths he just shows respect for their different beliefs by using a respectful title. Given that you're supposed to be a secular country not a Christian country.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              I would guess that if he is spiritual he probably believes in the occult or some others leftist belief system.
              Have you ever questioned the self-stated religion of any previous presidents, or just the black one?

Comment

If you would have read the Bible like a normal person, instead of a pervert fixating on rape stories you would remember that Jesus said no one get's to the Father except through the Son. If you don't believe in the Son you don't believe in the Father, because they are one. The Son does the will of the Father.
                Guy starting new religion tells everyone the only way to god is through him. Deep surprise..

Comment

Also, you aren't understanding how Jesus spoke. He was saying that you only have special powers if a voice inside your head says you do.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    Sceptical minds might object that you (not you personally, but rather, chritians in general) just reinterpret the bible in a way that suits yourself ... in order to avoid to really have to test your faith (or, more exactly, to have passages in the bible endanger your faith)
                    My faith is tested according to the will of God, not my own will, and not the will of skeptics. It's tested on a daily basis. Why should I worry about drinking poison, when I have to forgive internet trolls right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Or maybe as he's the president of a country that includes people of all different faiths he just shows respect for their different beliefs by using a respectful title. Given that you're supposed to be a secular country not a Christian country.
                      Does he respect the KKK too? We have some of them in our country too.

Have you ever questioned the self-stated religion of any previous presidents, or just the black one?
                      All except Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        The interpretation you give to something you've read can be affected by prejudice. I wouldn't expect a Christian to much care for the Koran, but they'll probably like the Bible (if they read it, most won't). It's mainly about conforming to preconceptions.

My own readings of the Bible (as a believer child, and as a skeptic adult) are quite different in what I come away with. When I read the Koran (as a sceptic adult) it reminded me a lot of the OT. I don't remember it as well as the Bible now though, likely since I read the Bible a few times through and it gets a lot more exposure in the circles I've kept online and off. Both were interesting reads even as a sceptic. Both contain an awful lot of absurdities and some truly horrific ideas presented as "good".
                        Honestly, the main thing that distinguishes the Koran from the Bible, to me, is its peculiar organization. The Bible progresses in a more or less chronological fashion, Genesis to Revelation, with books grouped by subject and theme. In the Koran, the Suras mostly go long-to-short, and in reverse chronological order--more or less--but internally they don't necessarily have any theme or logical flow. So it starts with a brief exordium, maybe ten verses, then the second Sura, "The Cow." So-called because of a brief section within it about ritual requirements for a sacrificial animal, which takes up perhaps another twenty verses out of four hundred or so. The rest (IIRC) is a set of lengthy, somewhat repetitive exhortations about the respective fates of believers and idolaters, and a lengthy tirade against the Jews of Medina for rejecting Islam. Pretty much the whole book is that way, and it renders it pretty well unreadable IMO. It's like somebody took the text of the Bible and told a computer to take random excerpts of arbitrary length from it and compile them just as it found. No matter how far you go, it never feels like you're getting anywhere, because there's no persistent narrative thread to follow. It's really odd, since the Koran, unlike the Bible, is supposed to be the work of a single author. It just doesn't seem that way because everything was written down piecemeal on whatever came to hand, then slapped together willy-nilly after that author's death.

Otherwise, yes, it's much like the OT, with much the same subject matter, albeit he has a very different take on things and sometimes makes glaring errors. At one point Pharaoh (from Exodus) tells Haman (from Esther) to build the Tower of Babel (from Genesis). At another, Mary (mother of Jesus) is addressed as "Sister of Aaron." A footnote points out that most Islamic commentators assert that this is a generic title of respect, not Muhammad mixing up two people with the same name from stories more than a thousand years apart. Also the Koran honors Jesus and incorporates Christian doctrines of Judgment Day and a happy afterlife.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• The author of the Koran was illiterate, and the actual book was written down after he died, IIRC. He came up with the verses over a long period of time (over twenty years?) so he started with a relatively small number of verses and as he had more hallucinations over the years he gradually added more to it, and his associates memorized all of the verses. Once he claimed something was a divine revelation, he couldn't exactly edit it out even if new verses rendered it redundant, so the koran is kind of repetitive. Joseph Smith's work was much better organized.

Comment

• I read somewhere one of the scribes tasked with writing down Mohammed's "revelation" quit the job and fled because he decided Mohammed wasn't really a prophet. Mohammed wanted him hunted down and beheaded for apostasy or heresy or whatever... The scribe's evidence? He suggested changes to the revelation which Mohammed permitted, therefore Mohammed wasn't getting a divine message if a mere scribe could change it. Something like that anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post

Christ, you're a dumb piece of ****...
                              I was very disappointed to see this.

Mobius was being so nice for so long, and then ............ this.

Comment

• He didn't even switch DLs

Comment

Working...
                                X