Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    When I speak of Christians I mean those who are faithful. Not to pass judgment on anyone, but not everyone who says they are a Christian is one. Jesus said so. And for many centuries pretty much everyone called themselves a Christian. No Christian should have ever taken advantage of their authority to abuse anyone though, and they still shouldn't to this day.
    Who says that your interpretation of "Christianity" is the right one?
    Especially considering that there exist countless christian churches and each one usually claims to be the right one ... and usually also can bring forward bible passages that support their moral points of view ... even if they differ from things the secular society thinks as moral
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

... Yes, a man is suppose to be the head of the house, but he is suppose to treat his wife so well that his wife has no need for rights. ...
      It would be definitely better if you would never ever tell this to modern emancipated women
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        Who says that your interpretation of "Christianity" is the right one?
        Especially considering that there exist countless christian churches and each one usually claims to be the right one ... and usually also can bring forward bible passages that support their moral points of view ... even if they differ from things the secular society thinks as moral
        The Spirit has to change your heart first. You have to love God, and you have to love your neighbor. But you also have to have a strong faith in God's Word. Obviously that doesn't explain how to objectively say who is right and who is wrong, but it can be a way to check yourself. The reason that I believe that the husband should be the head of the house is because it's pretty clear in the Bible. It's also not misogyny, from a biblical perspective, because Christians are called to be servants, not just women. There's women at my church that enjoy serving people (and some men too), but the idea is really lost on a lot of people now, even when they see people in the church doing it. They think there is something wrong with it. So I think, it's hard to find a better teacher than a servant.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I believe that the husband should be the head of the house is because it's pretty clear in the Bible.
          Famous words from a still SINGLE man.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Single is good

Comment

• Partnership is better. Two is better than one.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Maybe, but I'm happy being single so I don't look hard.

Comment

• I know you can say the same, but I've been both, and I prefer not to be alone. (the been both part)

It wouldn't be the same when something really good happens and I went home and there wasn't my best friend there to tell it to.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I know you can say the same, but I've been both, and I prefer not to be alone. (the been both part)

It wouldn't be the same when something really good happens and I went home and there wasn't my best friend there to tell it to.
                    I'm glad you are happy. I think different than you do.

Comment

• Both have to work towards that end or it doesn't work.
                      You don't have to like your spouse ever day, you just have to love them.
                      Many forget that and give up way to easy.
                      It's sad for those that do.

(not to say that it always work. People are different, but I still believe people don't try hard enough)
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Dude. Get over yourself.

Comment

• For what, expressing a basic Catholic belief?
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            For what, expressing a basic Catholic belief?
                            . I don't think your holier than thou attitude can be blamed on Catholicism. I'm already divorced.

Comment

• I was musing in more general terms but if you saw yourself as a victim, oh well.
                              It's always about Kid.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The reason that I believe that the husband should be the head of the house is because I'm a misogynistic loon.
                                FTFY

Comment

Working...
                                X