OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best concert I've ever seen.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This one is personal. Chicago-based record producer Steve Albini, 61, died yesterday of a heart attack. It happened at Electrical Audio, the recording studio he founded and built. Back in my punk days in the city (late 70s/early 80s), Steve was a young punk musician and fledgling producer who attended Northwestern. In the fullness of time, became a go-to producer for many - most notably for Nirvana's album In Utero. He was also a killer poker player, having won a couple of WSOP bracelets (7-card stud in 2018, H.O.R.S.E in 2022).

Steve was brilliant in many ways. Heartbroken to learn of his passing. RIP, my friend.

The Shellac and Big Black frontman, who recorded classic albums by Nirvana, Pixies, PJ Harvey, and more, died of a heart attack
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; May 8, 2024, 15:47.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Bernard Hill, known to many as King Théoden in the LOTR trilogy (last two parts).

​https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...-hill-obituary

RIP
        Blah

Comment

• Canadian writer/commentator Rex Murphy has died.
          As he battled cancer, Murphy continued to file, writing about Hamas and Christmas and interviewing Pierre Poilievre with his usual panache
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Prolific 'king of B movies' filmmaker Roger Corman dead at 98

​ Genres included sci-fi, horror, biker films and rebellious teen fare

​Low-budget cinema maestro Roger Corman, who cranked out hundreds of outrageous films over six decades and helped launch the careers of acclaimed directors Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, James Cameron and Ron Howard, died on Thursday at age 98, family members said.
            Low-budget cinema maestro Roger Corman, who cranked out hundreds of outrageous films over six decades and helped launch the careers of acclaimed directors Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, James Cameron and Ron Howard, died on Thursday at age 98, family members said.
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Dabney Coleman, the mustachioed character actor who specialized in smarmy villains like the chauvinist boss in '9 to 5' and the nasty TV director in 'Tootsie,' has died. He was 92.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
              X