X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
    George Michael, of WHAM! fame.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862
    There's probably a "Wake me up before you go-go" crack that could be made.....
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• I am pretty sure the people on my list will live forever.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• This christmas somehow fits to the rest of the year, with celebrities dying like the flies
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          From MNS

RIP
          6 out of 8 of us score on this one.
          Oh, I forgot I had this guy. I guess I did get a hit this year but so did everyone else so I get very few points.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I had to check by to see if anybody got the party pooper award for George Michael.. but nobody did.... how unfortunate!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Guys, nobody had Leonard Cohen, no Carrie Fisher, no Prince, not even a single David Bowie..... you should all be ashamed of yourselves!
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• One of the most worthy people for a Nobel in physics, but who was repeatedly passed over, died yesterday:http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/27/us/ver...omy-obit-trnd/

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Princess Leia Organa's passing wasn't even mentioned here! We need new blood (again).
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                    Princess Leia Organa's passing wasn't even mentioned here! We need new blood (again).
                    Yep... we also need an update and somebody to run this contest next year
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Did we ever get last year's results?
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38446309
                        Richard Adams, author of Watership Down,has died

Comment

• Debbie Reynolds died?

Debbie Reynolds has died after suffering a stroke at her son's home in Beverly Hills.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• First the daughter and then the mother?
                            (well, not unimaginable, considering the stress due to the untimely death of her daughter)

(all other media also have the news, so Debbie Reynolds death can be nsidered to be confirmed)
                            Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 29, 2016, 00:02.
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Slightly embarrassed to say that I picked up another hit with the death of Ken Hechler on December 10th, aged 102. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/us...dead.html?_r=0

That puts me on 10 hits for the year.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Be proud. It's a record-setting year for you!

Here are the preliminary scoring totals as of December 29. I still have to go through a check for bonus points, but the 2016 winner has never been in doubt:

1. 1,987 Bugs ****ing Bunny (10 hits; ties record)
                                2. 1,080 Ming (6 hits)
                                3. 1,031 SlowwHand (6 hits)
                                4. 987 -Jrabbit -- Vicious Rabbits (5 hits)
                                5. 553 Uncle Sparky -- Uncle Sparky's Creamytorium (3 hits)
                                6. 533 embalmer42 -- Death Takes A Holiday (3 hits)
                                7. 208 Lorizael -- Lori Einsteins (1 hit)
                                8. 178 Dinner (1 hit)

Edit/note: There are, in fact, some bonus points to be awarded (notably Unlucky 13 and You Can't Cheat Death). These will change some of the totals, but not the order of finish. Full details to come.
                                Last edited by -Jrabbit; December 30, 2016, 10:39.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X