OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Kowbel
    Canadian musician Chad Allan (The Guess Who) has died.

Chad Allan passed away. This is the full obituary where you can express condolences and share memories. Published in the Vancouver Sun and Province on 2023-12-01.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• a proper eulogy from Glenn Greenwald for a mass murdering war criminal

​​​​​​https://youtu.be/Y_dSCLaAPH0

Comment

• Norman Lear dies at 101
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          A huge contributor to popular culture in the US, shaping the perception of society in the TV shows he created by giving a voice to underrepresented populations and points of view in network television, especially in the 70s (All in the Family, Sanford and Sons, etc.). A strong, positive, and hilarious voice for change. He will be missed. RIP, Norman.

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, an icon pushing the boundaries

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          Lear brought in George to be the black bigot to Archie's white bigot. What does their popularity say about us?

• Actor Ryan O’Neal dead at 82.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Captain Holt.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Matthew Perry cause of death - ketamine

He was getting ketamine infusions to treat depression and had one about 10 days before dying. But the half life of the drug is a few hours and his level was in the midrange (what was Michael Jackson using?) so he may have been supplementing and passed out in the hot tub.

He was also on buprenorphine

Comment

• Dangerously Funny Tommy Smothers has died.

He and his brother, Dick, "turned television upside down" on 'The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour' before they were canned.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• cancelled by censors... Wonder if politicians back then were screaming at CBS. Bet they were, some things never change

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fun fact: Smothers was a good friend of the John Lennon/Harry Nilsson crowd.

• Lee Sun-Kyun, who played the wealthy patriarch in Parasite, found dead.
                Lee Sun-kyun, a popular South Korean actor best known for his role in the Oscar-winning movie “Parasite,” has been found dead in a car in Seoul after weeks of an intense police investigation into his alleged drug use.

Comment

• David Soul, half of TV's Starsky and Hutch, dead at 80
                  1970s heartthrob David Soul, who co-starred as the blond half of the TV crime-fighting duo Starsky & Hutch and topped the music charts with the ballad Don't Give Up on Us, has died at the age of 80.
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• he played the vigilante cop who beat Dirty Harry in a shooting contest in Magnum Force, Harry shot a good guy target on his last shot

Comment

• Never been a fan of Bayern Munich myself, and don't really care about sports on TV much (anymore), but he was really one of the big guys:

Franz Beckenbauer, who has died aged 78, was the friend of Sir Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore and Pele and one of football's most important figures.
                      Blah

Comment

• Adan Canto: X-Men and Designated Survivor star dies of cancer at 42

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67932741
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• PDQ Bach is dead

Comment

• Oscar winning director Norman Jewison has died.
                            Norman Jewison, the acclaimed and versatile Canadian-born director whose Hollywood films ranged from Doris Day comedies and 'Moonstruck' to social dramas such as the Oscar-winning 'In the Heat of the Night,' has died at age 97.

Comment

Working...
                            X