Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Ball: Japan manga creator Akira Toriyama dies

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68444060
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Steve Lawrence, the Fifties and Sixties crooner and actor who teamed with his wife Eydie Gormé to form Steve and Eydie, has died at the age of 88.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• We had rented out the entire restaurant for our wedding reception. It was a fairly nice French restaurant run by a French Canadian. It turned out that Brian Mulroney had relatives in the area and his family really liked the restaurant. On the day of the wedding we show up and Brian Mulroney and his family are eating in a side room that was supposed to be where we stored our presents, coats, etc.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
          Uncle Sparky commented
          Editing a comment
          Ever wondered why your Uncle Lou didn't bring you a wedding gift, Brian Mulroney took it. Now you know!

• Paul Alexander: 'Man in the iron lung' dies at the age of 78

The polio survivor known as "the man in the iron lung" has died at the age of 78.
        Paul Alexander contracted polio in 1952 when he was six, leaving him paralysed from the neck down.

The disease left him unable to breathe independently, leading doctors to place him in the metal cylinder, where he would spend the rest of his life.​
        Paul Alexander worked as a lawyer and lived for decades in a metal cylinder which breathed for him.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• RIP
          Blah

Comment

• Joe Flaherty, comedian known for work on SCTV and Freaks and Geeks, dead at 82

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...obit-1.7161032

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Count Floyd is dead. But does a vampire ever die?

• The man who discovered the God Particle is Dead!

Physicist Peter Higgs, whose theory of an undetected particle in the universe changed science and was vindicated by a Nobel prize-winning discovery half a century later, has died aged 94, the University of Edinburgh said on Tuesday.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Who had OJ in the dead pool?

O.J. Simpson, the former NFL star and broadcaster whose athletic achievements and fame were eclipsed by his 1995 acquittal in the brutal killings of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, has died of cancer, his family announced Thursday on X. He was 76.

O.J. Simpson, the former NFL star and broadcaster whose athletic achievements and fame were eclipsed by his 1995 trial in the brutal killings of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, has died of cancer, his family announced Thursday on X. He was 76.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                Finally OJ can rest in peace, knowing his wife's killer is dead.

• BeBMan
                BeBMan commented
                Editing a comment
                At least the other Simpsons are stil fine /sry couldn't resist

• co-founder and guitarist of the Allman Brothers Dickey Betts died at age 80, he wrote and sang Ramblin Man. He grew up on Hwy 41

Comment

• Great guitarist and a great songwriter (he also wrote "Jessica"). Got to see him live a couple times; he and Duane playing together was a transcendent experience. May he RIP.

Dickey Betts -- the longtime guitarist from the Allman Brothers Band -- has died after some health issues ... this according to his family.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'll have to listen to their live concert (at the Fillmore?), it was recommended in the Yahoo article I read

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Live at Fillmore East is their definitive album, focused on blues and rock with extended jams.
                    For my money, the best of Dickie Betts is found on the two studio albums after Duane's death: Eat A Peach, and Brothers and Sisters.

• Whitey Herzog, Hall of Fame manager who led St. Louis Cardinals to 3 pennants, dies at 92

Somehow, I missed the news of Whitey Herzog's passing. As I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Cubs fan, Whitey was always the enemy. But I give him credit: He was arguably the top manager of the 1980s, taking the Cardinals to 3 World Series, including on championship. He was proof positive that a properly managed team could win it all with fundamentals: pitching, defense, speed, and discipline.
                  RIP, Whitey.

Comment

• The Moody Blues are no more... The original line up anyway. Mike Pinder died at 82. Keyboards, organ, melatron

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great group of early prog rockers. RIP, Mike.
                  Working...
                  X