No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian folk icon Ian Tyson has died.
    Canadian folk music icon Ian Tyson has died, his ex-partner Sylvia Tyson has confirmed to CBC News.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
      Pelé is dead. Greatest athlete ever.
      RIP. Truly a legend.
      Blah

Comment

• Babwa Wawa has died.

Barbara Walters, the intrepid U.S. interviewer, anchor and program host who led the way as the first woman to become a TV news superstar during a network career remarkable for its duration and variety, has died. She was 93.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Some minor religious figure died too. Now we just need Kissinger to go before the end of the day...
          "

Comment

• Jeff Beck has died.
          One of rock's most influential guitarists, he was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.

Comment

• Holy crap, I hadn't heard! Another musical titan gone. Very sad news.

May he RIP.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• King of Rock and Roll's daughter is dead.
              Priscilla Presley confirmed her daughter's death on Thursday evening

Comment

• BTO co-founder and drummer Robbie Bachman has died.
                Robbie Bachman, the drummer for Bachman-Turner Overdrive, has died at the age of 69.

Comment

• His solo drum break in "Let It Ride" is iconic - a legacy that will never die. RIP, Robbie.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Gina Lollobrigida died at the age of 95.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• David Crosby age 81
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• For me, this one hurts.

A giant of an artist. A beautiful voice and an instinctive mastery of vocal harmony. Amazing songwriter and arranger, and a leading voice for my generation.
                      Songs like Marrakesh Express and Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (from the first CS&N album) changed my whole perception of what music can be.
                      I know folks who recorded and toured with him, and they all love working with him. A complex, talented man who lived life on his own terms. He will be sorely missed.

RIP, David Crosby. Thanks for everything.

Comment

• Actress Cindy Williams has died.
                        Cindy Williams, who was among the most recognizable stars in America in the 1970s and 80s for her role as Shirley opposite Penny Marshall's Laverne on the beloved sitcom 'Laverne & Shirley,' has died, her family said Monday.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For something a little meatier, check out Cindy's performance in the Coppola film The Conversation. RIP to a fine and underrated actor.

• Hockey legend, Golden Jet Bobby Hull has died.
                        I was at the Jet's game tonight. We had a brief memorial, and a moment of silence.
                        Winnipeg's hockey community is mourning the death of hockey legend and former Jets player, Bobby Hull.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The man is a legend in Chicago, despite some horrible missteps he made in non-sporting matters.
                          RIP, Bobby, and thanks for all the memories.

• Burt Bacharach has left the building.
                        Burt Bacharach, the singularly gifted and popular composer and Oscar winner who delighted millions with the quirky arrangements and unforgettable melodies of 'Walk on By,' 'Do You Know the Way to San Jose' and dozens of other hits, has died at 94. Bacharach died Wednesday at home in Los Angeles of natural causes, publicist Tina Brausam said Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                        X