• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming

apt

Comment

• Frank Farian: Boney M founder dies aged 82

The German producer was behind a string of hits including Daddy Cool, Rasputin and Rivers of Babylon.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• He was also behind Milli Vanilli, never forget
        Blah

Comment

• RIP Sarek

edit: silly me, he wasn't Sarek, but Soval in ST: Enterprise
          Last edited by BeBMan; January 24, 2024, 12:52. Reason: yay
          Blah

Comment

• Chita is dead.
            Ms. Rivera was a three-time Tony recipient, and a beloved icon of the stage and screen.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Sparky has cancelled christmas
              Blah

Comment

• Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed from Rocky movies, dies aged 76

​https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68188746
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sad news. An underrated actor IMHO, he did well with both drama and comedy. RIP, Apollo.

• RIP Wayne Kramer, co-founder of the seminal Detroit punk band, the MC5. He was 75. The MC5 were the only band that showed up to support the yippies at the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago, playing an unauthorized guerilla concert (in Lincoln Park IIRC).

This one is tough for me, as I met Wayne professionally several times in the 90s and onwards. Great guy. A straight shooter, and generally loved by his bandmates and crew - which says a lot in the world of live concert touring.

Wayne Kramer, founding member of Detroit proto-punk group MC5, activist and one of rock's greatest guitarists, has died at age 75.
                Last edited by -Jrabbit; February 3, 2024, 11:40. Reason: he was 75
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                  Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed from Rocky movies, dies aged 76

​https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68188746
                  Saw him in the Mandalorian last. RIP
                  Blah

Comment

• How Do You Like Me Now?!​
                    I saw him a couple of times. He was entertaining
                    Singer-songwriter Toby Keith, who twice won the Academy of Country Music's entertainer of the year award, has died. Keith, who had been diagnosed with stomach cancer, was 62.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      RIP, Toby.

• Alexei Navalny, the fiercest foe of Russian President Vladimir Putin who crusaded against official corruption and staged massive anti-Kremlin protests, died in prison Friday, Russian authorities said. He was 47.

Comment

• RIP. A guy with more spine than anyone in Putin's gov.
                      Blah

Comment

• Comedian Richard Lewis died at 76, he was recently diagnosed with Parkinsons. I believe his most recent work was with Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm

Wasn't he in the Princess Bride?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Loved him as a young comedian in the 80s, smart, dark and self-deprecating. I have fond memories of his TV series Anything But Love, co-starring Jamie Lee Curtis, which was about 1990 IIRC. Don't remember him in Princess Bride.

He was diagnosed with Parkinson's a couple years back. Looks like the actual cause of death might have been a heart attack.

RIP

• Berzerker
                          Berzerker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He was the prince in Robinhood Men in Tights with Cary Elwes

• Former Canadian prime minister and Conservative stalwart Brian Mulroney has died at age 84.

Comment

• pchang
                          pchang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Brian Mulroney disrupted my wedding reception.

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Tell us the story.

• He was late. He was supposed to disrupt the wedding ceremony.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He was probably busy picking up a plain manila envelope stuffed with cash.
                      Working...
                      X