No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes dies of natural causes.
    Ronnie Spector, the cat-eyed, bee-hived rock 'n' roll siren who sang such 1960s hits as 'Be My Baby,' 'Baby I Love You' and 'Walking in the Rain' as the leader of the girl group the Ronettes, has died. She was 78.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Quite an amazing vocalist. May she RIP...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Longtime Chicago Sports Radio Broadcaster Les Grobstein Dies at 69
        Grobstein passed away "suddenly" at his home Sunday, according to a fundraising page set up by his family.
        Grobstein’s sports media career spanned 50 years in Chicago, calling his first Northwestern basketball game in 1970.
        Since 2009, Grobstein was the overnight host at 670 The Score where he was affectionally known as “The Grobber.”
        It was Grobstein who recorded the now-infamous tirade by former Cubs manager Cubs manager Lee Elia in 1983 who called out Cubs fans.
        NBC Sports Chicago analyst David Kaplan remembers Grobstein as being "one of a kind."
        "He mixed an incredible memory with tremendous passion for his craft and for Chicago sports,” Kaplan said. “There will never be another one like him. My deepest sympathies to his family, his teammates, and his many fans.”
        The Chicago Bears echoed the sentiment in a statement saying the team is "deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our friend and 670 The Score radio host Les Grobstein."
        "Les was a true media icon of the last 50+ years, whose knowledge of Chicago sports history was unparalleled," the statement read. "Les was proud of having attended more than 100 Bears-Packers games in his time, his first coming in 1963 and he could recall it like it was yesterday. He was always a pleasure to chat with on game days, and anyone who had a conversation with Les walked away knowing more. On behalf of the entire Bears organization, we extend our thoughts and prayers to his family, especially his beloved Kathy and son Scott, friends and countless faithful listeners.”
        Grobstein is survived by his longtime partner Kathy and son Scott. 670 The Score has publicized a GoFundMe organized by Grobstein’s family to cover funeral expenses.
        RIP Grobber... I will miss your Sports Insights and talk.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Very sad news; been listening to Les my whole adult life. End of an era in Chicago sports.

RIP, Grobber.

• Yvette Mimieux, who starred in movies including "Where the Boys Are," "The Time Machine" and "Toys in the Attic," died Tuesday.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Powerhouse singer Michael Aday is dead.

The US rock star's Bat Out Of Hell album is one of the best-selling of all time.

Comment

• Wasn't this a competition at one time? Anyway...

Louie Anderson dead.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...dead-1.6322962
            Last edited by Wezil; January 21, 2022, 16:33. Reason: Edit - I spelled the poor guy's name wrong.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking we should reverse it - whoever has the most left alive from the 2016 list is declared winner of the UNDead pool...

• Good grief.
            Robbins started voicing Charlie Brown in 1963, and appeared in animated specials including 'A Charlie Brown Christmas', 'It's A Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown',…

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              Wasn't this a competition at one time? Anyway...

Blah

Comment

• BOOGER!
                Howard Hesseman, who played the radio disc jockey Dr. Johnny Fever on the sitcom “WKRP in Cincinnati” and the actor-turned-history teacher Charlie Moore on “Head of the Class,” has died

Comment

• Wezil
                  Wezil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "There are people who play records and there are DJs who blow minds" - Dr. Johnny Fever

• Very sad news. RIP, Dr. Johnny Fever...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Monica Vitti died. She was an actress.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Lata Mangeshkar died.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Just read that few days ago visual effects guru Douglas Trumbull (best known for his work in Kubrick's 2001) died.

RIP

Blah

Comment

• Ivan Reitman, the influential filmmaker and producer behind beloved comedies from Animal House to Ghostbusters has died.

Comment

• If there's something strange,
                          In your neighborhood
                          Who you gonna call?
                          Ghostbusters!
                          Blah

Comment

Working...
                          X