Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, if we see Ivan Reitman, we also must call Ghostbusters

Thanks for the movies and RIP
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• PJ O'Rourke

The best-selling writer and political commentator defied the leftward trend of American humour.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Procol Harum frontman Gary Brooker, who wrote and sang their 1967 classic "A Whiter Shade of Pale," has died from cancer at 76.
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• The original Hot-Lips has died.
          Sally Kellerman, the husky-voiced actress known for her Oscar-nominated portrayal of U.S. Army Maj. Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan in Robert Altman's M*A*S*H, has died. She was 84.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Sesame Street actor Emilio Delgado, who played fix-it shop owner Luis, dead at 81

Delgado, a rare Latino face on U.S. television in the 1980s, was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2020

Emilio Delgado, the actor and singer who for 45 years was a warm and familiar presence in children's lives and a rare Latino face on American television as fix-it shop owner Luis on Sesame Street, died Thursday.
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• US documentary film maker/ journalist Brent Renaud shot dead by Russians

Award-winning American journalist Brent Renaud was killed by Russian forces in the Ukrainian city of Irpin, police in Kyiv said in social media posts on Sunday. Another American journalist was reported wounded.

Comment

• BeBMan
                BeBMan commented
                Editing a comment
                RIP indeed.

• William Hurt is dead. I saw him on stage as Richard III about 20 years ago... brilliant actor.
              William Hurt, the Oscar-winning actor of Broadcast News, Body Heat and The Big Chill, has died. He was 71.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                -Jrabbit commented
                Editing a comment
                Natural causes, died peacefully among family. A fine actor. May he RIP.

• Proteus_MST
                Proteus_MST commented
                Editing a comment
                I was like ... huh, didn't he die already 5 years ago ... but then I remembered that this was John Hurt and not William.
                I rmemeber William from "The Host" and "The Village" ... RIP

• I saw him at The Haymarket in Sheridan's "The Rivals" about 10 years ago, opposite Penelope Keith as Mrs. Malaprop... amazing chemistry, excellent show.
              Actor best known for playing Richard DeVere in BBC series from 1979 to 1981 remembered as ‘a true gentleman’

Comment

• Taylor Hawkins: Foo Fighters drummer dies aged 50, band announces

Group led by Dave Grohl says members are ‘devastated’ and ‘musical spirit’ of Hawkins will live on

RIP

Blah

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This happened a few hours pre-performance in Colombia. No cause of death has been announced.
                  Quite the tragedy. Taylor was an awesome drummer (made his name in Alanis Morrisette's band) and, by all accounts, a great guy.
                  May he RIP.

• He would have been worth a lot of points.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• RIP Genesis

Phil Collins and Genesis performed a final concert Saturday night at London’s 02 arena.

Comment

• Estelle Harris: Seinfeld and Toy Story star dies aged 93

The US film and television actress Estelle Harris has died at the age of 93.

She was best known for playing Estelle Costanza, the mother of George Costanza in the 1990s sitcom Seinfeld.

With an iconic high-pitched voice and short-fused temper, Harris turned Costanza into a fictional mother loved by fans for her absurd insults.

The star also voiced the animated Mrs Potato Head in Toy Story 2, later returning to the role twice.

But it was on Seinfeld that Harris became a familiar face to many, appearing in dozens of the smash sitcom's episodes across five of its seasons.

Harris was introduced to viewers in 1992 as Estelle Costanza - the dominating mother of romantically insecure George Costanza.

As well her iconic role as George Costanza's mother, Harris was the voice of Toy Story's Mrs Potato Head.
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Wezil
                      Wezil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      She was perfectly cast as George's mom.

• -Jrabbit
                      -Jrabbit commented
                      Editing a comment
                      RIP, Estelle.

• In the category, "I didn't know they were still alive"...

Mr. Rydell's name was so associated with the pre-British Invasion period of vintage rock and roll that the school in the 1971 musical and 1978 film Grease was known as Rydell High.

Comment

• Dwayne Haskins hit by dump truck while crossing highway
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; April 9, 2022, 18:26.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Wezil
                        Wezil commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Crossing an interstate on foot seems like a particularly bad idea.

• Gilbert Gottfried dead at 67.

Comment

Working...
                      X