Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
    Sir Clive Sinclair, Dead at 81
    The inventor, entrepreneur and ZX Spectrum creator died at his London home following a long illness.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29985976
    He did contribute a lot in he 1980s to getting computers out of the offices into the private rooms of geeks and nerds.

Thanks Sir Sinclair and my you rest in peace
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Peter Scolari, who appeared on TV series Newhart and Girls, dead at 66

Actor first gained fame in the 1980-82 sitcom Bosom Buddies alongside Tom Hanks

Peter Scolari, a versatile character actor whose television roles included a yuppie producer on Newhart and a closeted dad on Girls and who was on Broadway with longtime friend Tom Hanks in Lucky Guy, has died. He was 66.

Scolari died Friday morning in New York after fighting cancer for two years, according to Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, his manager.

Peter Scolari, a versatile character actor whose television roles included a yuppie producer on Newhart and a closeted dad on Girls and who was on Broadway with longtime friend Tom Hanks in Lucky Guy, has died. He was 66.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• "Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media," Trump said in a statement released Tuesday morning. "Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• RIP Dean Stockwell

Versatile actor had worked in Hollywood since childhood, and was Oscar nominated for his role in 1988 comedy Married to the Mob

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
            RIP Dean Stockwell

Versatile actor had worked in Hollywood since childhood, and was Oscar nominated for his role in 1988 comedy Married to the Mob

Even Cylons die, when there is no Resurrection Ship nearby.

RIP Brother Cavil
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• DP....................................
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Stephen Sondheim, the songwriter who reshaped the American musical theatre in the second half of the 20th century with his intelligent, intricately rhymed lyrics, his use of evocative melodies and his willingness to tackle unusual subjects, has died. He was 91.

Comment

• Michael Fisher died a couple of days ago. He was a professor while I was a student at UMD (working as a professor for ~54 years before retirement in 2012). He was one of the main contributors to statistical physics and the study of phase transitions (like liquid to solid) where he showed that the thermodynamic properties near the phase transition only depend on the limited number of features (dimension and symmetry) and not on the microscopic properties of the system.

He received the Wolf prize in 1980 among others.

I remember that his course was clearer on renormalization then the discussion in particle physics courses.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Former U.S. senator Bob Dole dies at age 98

Longtime prominent Republican sought the presidency 3 times

Bob Dole, who overcame grievous Second World War combat wounds to become a pre-eminent figure in U.S. politics as a longtime Republican senator from Kansas and his party's unsuccessful 1996 presidential nominee, died on Sunday. He was 98.

Dole, known for a wit that ranged from self-deprecating to caustic, died in his sleep, the Elizabeth Dole Foundation said. Dole announced in February that he had been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and would begin treatment.

Bob Dole, who overcame disabling war wounds to become a sharp-tongued U.S. Senate leader from Kansas, a Republican presidential candidate and then a symbol and celebrant of his dwindling generation of Second World War veterans, has died. He was 98.
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No Trumps at Dole's funeral.

• Bronski Beat founder Steve Bronski dies at 61

Steve Bronski, co-founder and keyboard player in 1980s pop group Bronski Beat, has died at the age of 61.

The keyboard player was one-third of the 1980s pop group, whose hits included Smalltown Boy.

Comment

• Michael Nesmith of the Monkees. Natural causes.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sad news. RIP, Michael.
                        We're down to just one Monkee!
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Author Anne Rice had died.

Anne Rice, the gothic novelist widely known for her bestselling novel Interview with the Vampire, died late Saturday at the age of 80.

Comment

• Masayuki Uemura, video game pioneer behind popular Nintendo consoles, dead at 78

Masayuki Uemura, a Japanese home computer game pioneer whose Nintendo consoles sold millions of units worldwide, has died, according to the university in Kyoto where he taught. He was 78.

Comment

• Five Man Electrical Band's Les Emmerson, writer of rock hit 'Signs,' dead at 77

Ottawa singer-songwriter contracted COVID-19, died in hospital in November

Ottawa singer-songwriter Les Emmerson, whose anti-establishment anthem Signs became a staple of 1970s rock radio, has died at 77.

Comment

Working...
                              X