Gay couples will have the right to adopt priests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    CDC is recommending that homosexual men ought to be tested every year because they are a tremendously high risk population for STDs. Take it up with them, Ming. That is their quotation, not mine.
    It just proves that homosexual men are less likely to practice safe sex... NOT that being homosexual by itself is the problem. You're just spreading the normal Christian Propaganda.
    Education is the key... Again, straight and gay people that don't practice safe sex have a higher risk of STD's... DUH!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You are going to have to explain that one... But if you want to talk about equal rights, let's take the Tax relief away from Religions... I have no problem with giving them tax breaks for their charitable work, but not a blanket tax break.
      The state of Oregon seized 7k from the accounts of the Christian bakers in Oregon at Christmas.

It's all about not letting "some" religions dictate their morals for everybody. It's about letting people decide who to love and who they can marry and commit to spending their lives together as partners.
      Then why are Christians who disagree having money illegally seized from their bank accounts? Sure, I can see that the argument is for 'equal rights' but the constitution protects freedom of religion. You cannot achieve equality while tearing down the foundation of such liberty.

Gee, if we are going to teach five year olds about sex between the opposite sexes, then they should be made aware of the alternative lifestyles.
      So you're ok with them being taught the sacrament at that age? Right now, that would not be permitted in most public schools today. Why is that?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Be sure to teach your kids to be tall and with perfect bone structure ... and definitely not to need hearing aids
        Well you've lost me there.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          You said you weren't concerned with public schools teaching kids to have butt secks ... and then went right into detailing why you are worried about public schools teaching kids to have butt secks.
          I think I was clear. My concern is schools teaching kids that it's not ok to think that homosexuality is wrong. I did point out that, in teaching kids that it's not ok to judge homosexuals, schools are putting kids at risk.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You're just spreading the normal Christian Propaganda.
            CDC is Christian propaganda?

Education is the key... Again, straight and gay people that don't practice safe sex have a higher risk of STD's... DUH!
            Then why, given that heterosexuals have sex too, is the risk for homosexual men 100x that of heterosexuals? Why doesn't CDC say that everyone should be tested every year?

Comment

• STD Awareness Month - STD & HIV Screening Recommendations
              Recommend on FacebookTweet Share

All adults and adolescents from ages 13 to 64 should be tested at least once for HIV.

Annual chlamydia screening of all sexually active women younger than 25 years, as well as older women with risk factors such as new or multiple sex partners, or a sex partner who has a sexually transmitted infection.

Annual gonorrhea screening for all sexually active women younger than 25 years, as well as older women with risk factors such as new or multiple sex partners, or a sex partner who has a sexually transmitted infection.

Syphilis, HIV, chlamydia, and hepatitis B screening for all pregnant women, and gonorrhea screening for at-risk pregnant women starting early in pregnancy, with repeat testing as needed, to protect the health of mothers and their infants.

Screening at least once a year for syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea for all sexually active gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM). MSM who have multiple or anonymous partners should be screened more frequently for STDs (i.e., at 3-to-6 month intervals).

Anyone who has unsafe sex or shares injection drug equipment should get tested for HIV at least once a year. Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).

Comment

The state of Oregon seized 7k from the accounts of the Christian bakers in Oregon at Christmas.
                Gee, they broke the law and were sued... and they lost. You can call it "Seized" but it was a fine/judgement. Maybe they shouldn't have broken the law.

Then why are Christians who disagree having money illegally seized from their bank accounts? Sure, I can see that the argument is for 'equal rights' but the constitution protects freedom of religion. You cannot achieve equality while tearing down the foundation of such liberty.
                Blah blah blah... they broke the law. They had to pay the price. Not being discriminated against is also a foundation of liberty.
                Nobody is stopping Christians from practicing their religion... but the LAW does protect people from being discriminated against.

So you're ok with them being taught the sacrament at that age? Right now, that would not be permitted in most public schools today. Why is that?
                Learn to read... Where did I EVER SAY that it's ok to being taught the "sacrament"? I specifically said that HOLY MATRIMONY is religious and shouldn't be taught in public schools. They should be taught about sex. And about SAFE SEX!
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• If bigots were really concerned for the welfare of homosexuals and wanted to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases, they wouldn't have a problem with gay marriage.

Comment

• looks like sexually active women younger than 25 years is the group to watch out for.

Comment

I got the opposite. People make a lot of judgments about my upbringing. I chose to wait because I understood the risks involved and when I later became Christian, the moral teachings on continence made sense to me. To someone who chose to wait it was good to have a spiritual support for that position. Especially when in college.
                      Exactly my point. Kids should be given the information so they can make informed choices.

I see education as a parental duty which may seem strange for a teacher. It's not the job of the state. I do it, I enjoy my job but the parents have the primary obligation.
                      Yah, screw the kids (without a rubber) if they happen to have been stupid enough to be born to bad parents. Nevermind that you're teaching kids stuff their parents don't have time/will to teach them.

Kid tried, but I thought it important to actually provide the numbers, and the statistics. I think it's pretty blasé to attribute 100x the risk to, 'not using enough condoms". We're not in a condom shortage, we're not dealing with people who haven't heard that message many times already. There is a reason CDC specifically states that homosexual men ought to be tested every year. The risk - in the real world is far, far greater and the health problems associated are tremendous.

Why isn't this part of sex education? It wasn't part of mine, and it ought to have been, many years ago. The facts are all there. If we're talking real education - we need to point this out and save people's lives.
                      You aren't using facts. You're using misconceptions based on bad understanding of what the facts mean. The conclusions you arrive at are simply wrong because of it. Though we all know you aren't arriving at those conclusions. you've started with them and then tried to misrepresent the facts in a way that appears (to you) to support your presupposition.

The reality is being homosexual in and of itself is not a health risk. You can see this clearly by looking at a homosexual who abstains from sex completely. Their risk is exactly the same as a heterosexual who abstains from sex completely. (If the same gender. A man is less likely to get raped than a woman regardless of sexual orientation.)

So the risk is inherent to sex.

Kids need to be taught all the facts. Including the impact using condoms has on the risks involved.

Comment

• Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g., every 3 to 6 months).
                        From your own source, MWHC

Comment

• "when I later became Christian"

see... this is what i dont get - what were you before?

Comment

• Lesbians are less likely to have HIV than heterosexual women. It's immoral for women to sleep with men. Women should only sleep with other women.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              You should take a reading class... because you don't seem to be able to comprehend what Aeson is saying. STD's is both a straight and gay problem. Safe sex should be taught. You and Bennie are trying to imply that it's unhealthy to be gay... WRONG. It's unhealthy to have unprotected sex. Deciding to have unprotected sex has NOTHING to do with your sexual orientation. It's a personal choice. And your "there is still a risk using a condom" argument applies to both straights and gays.

So you can quote all the statistics you want, but all it proves is that gay's are more likely to have unprotected sex in the US. As Dinner points out, AID's is a big problem with straights in Africa. It has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, it has to do with unprotected sex.
                              If you support teaching children to have safe sex then you should support teaching children that penis-in-vagina sex is safer than anal sex, because it is. If you don't then you don't believe children should be taught to have safe sex. Any doctor will tell you that anal sex is riskier that PIV sex.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• If you're active having sex with more than one person - or many. You'll catch something sooner or later.

Been to ER twice myself when I was single. No big deal... steroids for a week and a shot in the butt. Good to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X