Gay couples will have the right to adopt priests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Just like marriage is between a man and a woman, but they wanted to get married, which makes no sense to me. So why wouldn't they want to be called husband and wife?
    In the case of gay men neither of them want to be a wife or have a wife and in the case of gay women neither of them want to be a husband or have a husband. They do want to be married.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
      In the case of gay men neither of them want to be a wife or have a wife and in the case of gay women neither of them want to be a husband or have a husband. They do want to be married.
      No they didn't, or they didn't know how to use a dictionary.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No they didn't, or they didn't know how to use a dictionary.
        noun
        1.(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities and including, for example, opposite-sex marriage, same-sex marriage, plural marriage, and arranged marriage:
        Anthropologists say that some type of marriage has been found in every known human society since ancient times.
        See Word Story at the current entry.
        2.a. Also called opposite-sex marriage. the form of this institution under which a man and a woman have established their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
        b. See also traditional marriage (def 2).
        this institution expanded to include two partners of the same gender, as in same-sex marriage; gay marriage.
        3. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock:
        They have a happy marriage.
        Synonyms: matrimony.
        Antonyms: single life, bachelorhood, spinsterhood, singleness.
        4. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities:
        to officiate at a marriage.
        Synonyms: nuptials, marriage ceremony, wedding.
        Antonyms: divorce, annulment.
        5. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction:
        trial marriage.
        6. any close or intimate association or union:
        the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
        Synonyms: blend, merger, unity, oneness; alliance, confederation.
        Antonyms: separation, division, disunion, schism.
        7. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
        8. a blending or matching of different elements or components:
        The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
        9. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle.
        Compare royal marriage.
        10. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
        11. Obsolete. the formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock.
        The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

you're welcome

Comment

• They changed it to that you ding-a-ling.

Comment

• Why shouldn't they have access to the same right, responsibilities, and legal and social recognition as a heterosexual couple?

Comment

Why shouldn't they have access to the same right, responsibilities, and legal and social recognition as a heterosexual couple?
              They just don't have the right to change the definition of words for political gains.

Comment

• this must be like how all those happy people felt when 'they' changed the meaning of 'gay'.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

They just don't have the right to change the definition of words for political gains.
                  Why wouldn't the definition of a social institution change when society changes?

Comment

Why wouldn't the definition of a social institution change when society changes?
                    Not using words properly is an obvious problem, and has nothing to do with this question.

Comment

Not using words properly is an obvious problem, and has nothing to do with this question.
                      The word is being used properly. It was being used improperly before.

Comment

The word is being used properly. It was being used improperly before.
                        Nonsense. That makes no sense at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                          this must be like how all those happy people felt when 'they' changed the meaning of 'gay'.
                          The meaning of that word was changed so that you could have a false reason to call people homophobic (another word that has changed meaning to attack people who believe that homosexual acts are a sin).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellestar View Post
                            Ok, nevermind, my mistake. Let it be "human A" instead of "man"
                            Oh the horror! I don't want to be part of your dystopian future where people are treated as humans!

Comment

The meaning of that word was changed so that you could have a false reason to call people homophobic (another word that has changed meaning to attack people who believe that homosexual acts are a sin).
                              i'm pretty sure the meaning of 'gay' changed before you or i were born; perhaps you'd care to try again.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                                i'm pretty sure the meaning of 'gay' changed before you or i were born; perhaps you'd care to try again.
                                non sequitur

Comment

Working...
                                X