No announcement yet.

Christian Arrested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Imran Siddiqui;6429689]Of course! We have LGBT members in our church that have children.
    With each other? Quite a feat

Personally I find it curious that a man who calls himself a Christian, supports arresting Christians who disagree with him regarding gay marriage. This, is the reason that the Americans have a constitution, not to protect people that agree, but to protect people who disagree. Or at least that's what I was taught. I was told that Americans had the ability to speak about all kinds of things without being arrested. Yet, here this lady is doing just that and is going to jail. For, something, that under her contract she has agreed that she must do.
    "And the Light shone into the Darkness, but the Darkness did not understand..." John 1:5.

Comment

This is why I think I was more than right in calling you an idiot. She was arrested for being in contempt of court. For violating a court order mandating that Rowan County, Kentucky had to follow the Constitution of the United States and issue marriage licenses to LGBT individuals. The government may not discriminate on that basis anymore. She is not being arrested for speaking her mind, you moron!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Of course. Our God wants all of His children, including those who are LGBT, whom He made that way, to experience the joys and blessings of marriage.

And that my friends is the future or there will be no church.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Fiancee View Post
          I thought her job was to uphold the laws of the American state of Kentucky?
          The US Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

Comment

Nikolai's fiancee bears a striking resemblance to Ben Kenobi... maybe Ben is evading his ban with a DL?

Comment

Damn, I agree with Imran.
              Her being a Catholic is immaterial here.
              Her being against Gay marriage is immaterial here.

The only issue is that she is violating a court order.
              And to try to connect all of these is just plain dishonest. Something that I wouldn't expect from a fellow Christian.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm wondering just whose DL this is...

Comment

Based on the insane method of debate, (or lack of), I'd bet on BK.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    Nikolai's fiancee bears a striking resemblance to Ben Kenobi... maybe Ben is evading his ban with a DL?
                    I was actually thinking the same thing. The frequent irrational illogical posts, ignoring when people are telling the poster they are actually getting it wrong, but continuing to parrot the obvious untruth anyways.

Either that or that's how Nikolai got a wife - she is like BK
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

At least she admits she doesn't know much about the US Constitution... it would be refreshing if Ben admitted he doesn't understand the subject he is trying to debate.

Comment

Like?

Comment

Originally posted by Le Fiancee View Post
                          Like Christian Pharmacists who do not support abortion? Lawyers who do not support gay marriage? Teachers who do not support gay marriage? Christian Florists? Christian photographers? Christian Bakers?

That's a pretty long list already. How much longer will it get?

Either freedom of conscience protects you or it does not. As a fellow Christian, one would think that you would support protecting Christians, Imran.
                          By your logic, ISIS should be allowed to behead you and Nikokai because allowing infidels to live goes against their conscience and deeply held religious beliefs.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

She believes so much in the christian view of marriage she is currently on her fourth (!) marriage...
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Really?
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                                She believes so much in the christian view of marriage she is currently on her fourth (!) marriage...
                                Yes, but that is kinda misleading, since she converted to Christianity 4 years ago and her divorces were all prior to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X