No announcement yet.

The US War on Blacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But they're not going to ban the flag at events, because like 70% of the people who like nascar probably have one.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Incorrect. I'm fine with it being taken down from buildings and license plates. I'm annoyed at the whole lynyrd skynyrd/alabama/dukes of hazzard angle.
      Yeah, you not so much, but DD, definitely...
      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...fter-massacre/

But they're not going to ban the flag at events, because like 70% of the people who like nascar probably have one.
        Would be interesting to see what the average black attendance of a NASCAR race is?
        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
          Would be interesting to see what the average black attendance of a NASCAR race is?
          It's substantial, iirc, but the sport has strong southern roots so fans at the southern racetracks tend to be adorned accordingly

Comment

It's substantial, iirc, but the sport has strong southern roots so fans at the southern racetracks tend to be adorned accordingly
            It's lower than the percentage of African-Americans nationally, but the real downside with NASCAR isn't the race goers but the abysmally low numbers of black drivers in the sport. Something that to be fair they've made steps to try and resolve in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
              It's lower than the percentage of African-Americans nationally, but the real downside with NASCAR isn't the race goers but the abysmally low numbers of black drivers in the sport. Something that to be fair they've made steps to try and resolve in recent years.
              This is like saying that the problem with football is the abysmally low number of asians in the sport. Why should anyone really care?

Comment

• Of all the occupations where black people are underrepresented I think "NASCAR driver" isn't terribly important.

Comment

• I think I have to concur.

That would be positive discrimination gone several NASCAR races too far!

Comment

• what does NASCAR have to do with Ben Kenobi?
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• You mean you don't know...?

Comment

Good news TMM, you can still get this on amazon http://www.amazon.com/My-Homes-Alaba...=alabama+album

...and I can still purchase all the Nazi merchandise I can stomach!
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This is like saying that the problem with football is the abysmally low number of asians in the sport. Why should anyone really care?
                          If there is an abnormally low percentage of a racial demographic in a sport, it's often because those sports have long established racial issues that have never been resolved. If hardly any Asians are playing football, maybe its time to start asking why that is. You do understand that just assuming 'well Asians don't like football' is a pretty excellent example of racist thinking right? Do Asians get welcomed into highschool teams at the same rate as other races? Do they get seriously considered for college teams at the same rate as other races? Are there other factors in place that dissuade Asian communities from encouraging their youngsters to participate?

In the case of NASCAR there is some pretty grim racial background to the sport, as you'd know if you bothered to research it rather than just showing your normal callous disregard for anyone who isn't white and rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            Of all the occupations where black people are underrepresented I think "NASCAR driver" isn't terribly important.
                            It's as important as any other occupation when the issue is racial opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              If there is an abnormally low percentage of a racial demographic in a sport, it's often because those sports have long established racial issues that have never been resolved. If hardly any Asians are playing football, maybe its time to start asking why that is. You do understand that just assuming 'well Asians don't like football' is a pretty excellent example of racist thinking right? Do Asians get welcomed into highschool teams at the same rate as other races? Do they get seriously considered for college teams at the same rate as other races? Are there other factors in place that dissuade Asian communities from encouraging their youngsters to participate?
                              Intelligence, maybe?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                                Intelligence, maybe?
                                Well there is that.

Comment

Working...
                                X