• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems highly unlikely
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
      Are there localities with mandatory gun ownership and carrying in the US? As in, if you're allowed to own a gun, you must own at least one and carry at least one if you want to live there?

Texas.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Are there localities with mandatory gun ownership and carrying in the US? As in, if you're allowed to own a gun, you must own at least one and carry at least one if you want to live there?

Texas.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I remember an industry golf outing that I went to in Michigan a few years ago.

When we showed up, (our fourth was a local and a last minute replacement for an exec that dropped out)
          opened his trunk and started passing out bags of Deer Jerky that he had made from Deer that he had killed.

We obviously were far from the city.

WE finished our round and went in to clubhouse for the dinner and browsed the prize table. which at most events would be a variety of golf clubs or golf related items.
          Not so in here.
          One table had a variety of shotguns on it.
          Another had other long rifles.
          One item was a Daddy daughter bow and arrow deer hunting trip.

And the raffle prize was a 45 pistol (with a carry permit provided by the local sheriff)

I remember selecting a folding stadium chair. (which our fourth said would be great for using in a blind)
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There should be a publicly available list/map for gun owners just like there is for sex offenders.
            Curious how you reconcile this with your belief in privacy rights. Last I checked owning a gun was a constitutional right in America.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              One item was a Daddy daughter bow and arrow deer hunting trip.
              Is it really a thing? The only thing that could improve it is a pack of feral horses, so it becomes a Daddy daughter bow and arrow pony hunting trip. And a pink-handled bowie knife to finish the wounded animal.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

If there is such a thing, it would have to exist in a state where you don't need a permit to carry. I can sort of picture some tiny town in Utah doing such a thing but I'm doubtful.

Comment

Is it really a thing? The only thing that could improve it is a pack of feral horses, so it becomes a Daddy daughter bow and arrow pony hunting trip. And a pink-handled bowie knife to finish the wounded animal.
                  Yeah, you could see all the out of towners react when they announced it but the locals didn't even bat an eye. It was even more humorous because we were in central Michigan and the outing was someplace in Illinois. Over 400 miles away.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah... My buddy was our host for the event. Rah and I gave our raffle tickets for the 45 and carry permit to our host, because we sure as hell had no interest in it. When I got home, I told both my daughters about the Daddy/Daughter hunting trip... My eldest just laughed while by youngest started whining about hunting Bambi.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Two kinds of people hunt. Psychos and guys with micropenis
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

In all fairness there are some people that actually hunt for food and are participating in necessary wild life management.
                        But I will agree that they are the minority.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh Texas again!
                          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

I don't hunt animals.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Curious how you reconcile this with your belief in privacy rights. Last I checked owning a gun was a constitutional right in America.
                              neither right precludes neighbors from talking about your gun ownership

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                neither right precludes neighbors from talking about your gun ownership

Comment

Working...
                                X