No announcement yet.

Long distance relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was the black congregation racist if they let a deaf white midget in?

Comment

• "I went to a black church once and there were hardly any white people, so black people are obviously more racist!"
      I was the only person who wasn't black there. Made me curious why they were so segregated when none of the other churches were that way. Even the Spanish masses, etc. Even the small little Korean Baptist church I attended for awhile. Good place, wonderful people the Koreans.

I maintain that race matters most for black people and they are more willing to voluntarily segregate themselves into their own community. But, you're not allowed to make this observation if you're a liberal because it's not PC.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Oh those pesky African Americans, always segregating themselves...

Comment

• Did you have a nervous breakdown at the black church?

Black churches are awesome.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• My family's been up in Rochester the past couple days for my graduation. Today I went to an airshow with them and my girlfriend where a bunch of cool groups including the Blue Angels performed. It was ****ing awesome! Anyway, the upshot is she met my family, which is cool. As I dropped her off at her apartment we agreed on:

1. One of us will move in a year
            2. She won't rule out moving to Virginia and is considering it.
            3. Same goes for me and California.
            4. We will alternate visits over the course of the next year seeing each other about once every 6 weeks
            5. We have a set time at which to talk on the phone/over voice chat daily or every two days

Thanks for the advice folks.

Comment

• Did you have a nervous breakdown at the black church?
              Nope. Went there for awhile while I lived in that neighborhood. Bout a year or so.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Great to hear! Good luck Reg!

Comment

• best of luck reg.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Nope. Went there for awhile while I lived in that neighborhood. Bout a year or so.
                    If you had a negative experience that doesn't mean anything about black people. How do you think black people feel when they go to church and people are prejudice against them? Going to a church where people aren't prejudice against you is natural.

Comment

• If you had a negative experience that doesn't mean anything about black people.
                      The narrative is that white people are the most insular. That's really not true. What I saw in the States was different from what I experienced before. Making an observation isn't the same thing as saying, "I had a negative experience".

It's like saying the ocean is cold.

How do you think black people feel when they go to church and people are prejudice against them?
                      I've experienced that plenty over the years. I've walked into a church and had people make fun of my hearing.

Going to a church where people aren't prejudice against you is natural.
                      Yes and no. I think we give ourselves a lot of credit for openness, but I think it's more important, what do we actually do than what we say. Catholicism is not like Protestantism where you have individual language ministries. There's the sense of solidarity of universality. That a church is that insular, made me want to ask why that was the case. It was not reflective of the neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        If you had a negative experience that doesn't mean anything about black people. How do you think black people feel when they go to church and people are prejudice against them? Going to a church where people aren't prejudice against you is natural.
                        Find a new thread to post this **** in. I'm feeling very happy right now and your boring bitter squabble is harshing my mellow.

Comment

• And you like going to church where they make fun of you for being deaf? Wtf?
                          They prefer to go to a church where people aren't prejudice against them. That doesn't mean a thing. Don't be retarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            Find a new thread to post this **** in. I'm feeling very happy right now and your boring bitter squabble is harshing my mellow.
                            If you're this much of an ass when you are mellow how much of an ass are you when you're not?

Comment

• And you like going to church where they make fun of you for being deaf? Wtf?
                              That hasn't been restricted to just one parish, but yes, I've attended a parish that was like that.

They prefer to go to a church where people aren't prejudice against them. That doesn't mean a thing. Don't be retarded.
                              It speaks volumes that they are only comfortable with black people.

Comment

• why don't we take this to one of the other threads, Kid?

Comment

Working...
                                X