new OKC thread (yet another Savalog)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    I know I've said this before, but my second girlfriend was literally delivered to me in a box on my 19th birthday. I was, in fact, sitting on a couch at the time.
    Are you making a joke or did this actually happen? I don't recall reading this story if you shared it already.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Story time!
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
        Are you making a joke or did this actually happen? I don't recall reading this story if you shared it already.
        I am not making a joke. We met through a mutual friend, but she lived a state away. We'd been talking online for a good 9 months or so, slowly getting to know each other/falling in love. On my birthday, my friends drove to her (parents') house, abducted her in the middle of the night, brought her down, and put her in a giant gift box. Then they threw a birthday party for me wherein they gave me a bunch of intentionally ****ty presents, like a bag of half-eaten skittles wrapped in duct tape. Then they sung happy birthday to me. At the end of the song, the girl popped out of the box and I suddenly had a girlfriend.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Tell us another story. I had already heard that one.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I am not making a joke. We met through a mutual friend, but she lived a state away. We'd been talking online for a good 9 months or so, slowly getting to know each other/falling in love. On my birthday, my friends drove to her (parents') house, abducted her in the middle of the night, brought her down, and put her in a giant gift box. Then they threw a birthday party for me wherein they gave me a bunch of intentionally ****ty presents, like a bag of half-eaten skittles wrapped in duct tape. Then they sung happy birthday to me. At the end of the song, the girl popped out of the box and I suddenly had a girlfriend.
            That's awesome.

My friends would have just given me the skittles.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
              Tell us another story. I had already heard that one.
              Oh, here's an awesome one. 2 years later, I broke up with her online and I haven't seen her since. The breakup took about two weeks, during which she ODed, cut herself, and begged me to stay with her, despite the fact that we were breaking up because I'd been lying to her about being in love with my best friend for the entirety of our relationship. It was pretty rad.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's super awesome.

More unsolicited advice from a guy who has inexplicably figured everything out:
                My wife took the opposite approach of me. She was super active about it (like with everything in life). She is an economist so she knew that if she messages X number of guys, then maybe half of them would respond. Maybe half of those would end up with first dates, and then perhaps a fifth of those would result in second dates, and only a small fraction of those develop into something more. So she cast a wide net and went on a ton of dates. It took a lot of work (she puts 100% of herself into any task she sets out on), but it helped her not only to meet more men but to get a better idea of who she was looking for and how to improve herself on dates, etc.

A tough strategy for anyone lazy out there (like me!) but I just figured I'd share.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Oh, here's an awesome one. 2 years later, I broke up with her online and I haven't seen her since. The breakup took about two weeks, during which she ODed, cut herself, and begged me to stay with her, despite the fact that we were breaking up because I'd been lying to her about being in love with my best friend for the entirety of our relationship. It was pretty rad.
                  That's less super awesome.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                    That's less super awesome.
                    Yeah, but that was 8 years ago. She's now happily married to some other guy and we are, at this moment, chatting about Star Wars (one of our mutual loves) over gchat.

Comment

• I have a story

One of my friends had a girlfriend who discovers one of her cats had swallowed a bunch of ribbon. She had to take him in for surgery. However, during one point, she called him to give an update. My buddy was sitting alone in my family room watching football. At the same time she called, his family arrived home. Things got loud. My friend was trying to listen to his girlfriend. He got up and left because it was too loud.

So what's the problem?

Well... apparently... He did not get up and leave the room fast enough. She got very confrontational.

She freaked out about this petty thing, and my friend had to dump her soon afterward because she was cra-cra...

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                        That's super awesome.

More unsolicited advice from a guy who has inexplicably figured everything out:
                        My wife took the opposite approach of me. She was super active about it (like with everything in life). She is an economist so she knew that if she messages X number of guys, then maybe half of them would respond. Maybe half of those would end up with first dates, and then perhaps a fifth of those would result in second dates, and only a small fraction of those develop into something more. So she cast a wide net and went on a ton of dates. It took a lot of work (she puts 100% of herself into any task she sets out on), but it helped her not only to meet more men but to get a better idea of who she was looking for and how to improve herself on dates, etc.

A tough strategy for anyone lazy out there (like me!) but I just figured I'd share.
                        The "shotgun" approach.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• One BFG is better than two shotguns though
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• This one sounds familiar Imran, I may know that guy too...
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Wow. That sucks.

I'm glad to hear things worked out for her though.

Do you think her reaction was due to a mental health issue that she has since dealt with? Or was it more a case of you just being so awesome that you had that affect on her?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X