No announcement yet.

star wars question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever people talk about Star Wars I think of this video..

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      i just hate that planet and want to never see it again
      SW:VII:TFA rumors below:

Spoiler:
      Apparently the desert planet in the trailer is not Tatooine.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

THANK YOU JESUS H ABRAMS
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

THANK YOU JESUS H ABRAMS
          He is probably going to have someone go back in time and destroy Tatooine.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            SW:VII:TFA rumors below:

Spoiler:
            Apparently the desert planet in the trailer is not Tatooine.
            Spoiler:
            It's still gonna suck.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

the first thing i thought after reading your post was

"yoda's own foreskin"
              So did I...

yeah and "midichlorians"

wtf?
              I think that was a general F-U from Lucas to the fans to try and scientifically explain Jedi powers that, of course, is now canon.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post
                Lucas
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

At some point in time someone cornered Lucas and made him explain why blasters and turbo lasers leave an interrupted light trail instead of a continuous light beam as one would expect from a laser. His explanation is that the weapons use lasers to propel projectiles, so what you see is the blurred trail of the glowing projectile. That means that blasters and turbo lasers are nothing but guns, just propelled by light instead of a chemical explosion. Judging from the trails I'd wonder if the projectiles even travel as fast as a bullet. A machine gun can certainly fire more projectiles per second then a blaster. Frankly I'd rather have an Uzi than a blaster.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      The explanation I've always liked is that midichlorians are basically just attracted to Force-sensitive people. They don't cause the Force, but if you want to measure the Force in a person, seeing how many midichlorians they've managed to accumulate is a good way.

I mean, that's basically how we diagnose diseases nowadays. We're usually not looking for the disease itself but for disease biomarkers. Biomarkers are just a consequence of a disease, not the cause.
                      Shouldn't jedis be able to sense that the force is strong in someone without needing to pull out some lab equipment and measure their midichlorian count?

Comment

They can, and do. But midichlorian count is a quantitative measure of just how strong in the Force someone is.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Great, I guess that helps decide who gets into the Jedi equivalent of Harvard.

Comment

yeah and "midichlorians"

wtf?
                            Always thought that was a play on mitochondria. I think it can out shortly after some really interesting research on mitochondrial dna.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Pedotard View Post
                              Great, I guess that helps decide who gets into the Jedi equivalent of Harvard.
                              Yeah, it's called the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                                At some point in time someone cornered Lucas and made him explain why blasters and turbo lasers leave an interrupted light trail instead of a continuous light beam as one would expect from a laser. His explanation is that the weapons use lasers to propel projectiles, so what you see is the blurred trail of the glowing projectile. That means that blasters and turbo lasers are nothing but guns, just propelled by light instead of a chemical explosion. Judging from the trails I'd wonder if the projectiles even travel as fast as a bullet. A machine gun can certainly fire more projectiles per second then a blaster. Frankly I'd rather have an Uzi than a blaster.
                                Couldn't Lucas have just said, "IT'S JUST A MOVIE FOLKS".
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X