star wars question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• star wars question

if light sabers are awesome and cut through most everything, why not just make a suit with light sabers all pointing outwards?

in fact, why should only jedi/sith have light sabers?

seems like a useful tool

if anything, i'd expect light sabers to be highly popular in the home improvement market

and where is all the food grown to feed coruscant?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    if light sabers are awesome and cut through most everything, why not just make a suit with light sabers all pointing outwards?

in fact, why should only jedi/sith have light sabers?

seems like a useful tool

if anything, i'd expect light sabers to be highly popular in the home improvement market
    The crystals required to make lightsabers are rare and the process of making a lightsaber from those crystals is hard (it takes skill). Additionally, lightsabers are difficult weapons to wield (because of the weight, because of the giant glowing plasma laser thing coming out of it), so only those who can literally see the future can use them without chopping themselves to bits.

and where is all the food grown to feed coruscant?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

How can a planet whose only biome is desert support life?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        The crystals required to make lightsabers are rare and the process of making a lightsaber from those crystals is hard (it takes skill).
        but it is nevertheless achievable for a single individual with the requisite skills

and you're telling me that only a jedi or sith can do it?

why wouldn't an enterprising sith make lots of light sabers and make a killing on the black market?

and being such useful tools and weapons, surely any number of planetary economies could afford some sort of planetary light saber mass production operation

I just am having a hard time accepting that they are sooooo super hard to make so as to be unrealistic for a large economy... but at the same time, they're a necessary part of being a jedi/sith

and some people have two light sabers

hell, luke made one in between ESB and RoTJ

also, you're telling me computers and machines can't be programmed to use them without slicing themselves to bits?

shit, we can make machines now that could serve as giant light saber wielding people chopper-uppers
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          YES

that's another thing

why is it that all these planets have only one biome?

seems like you'd need some very unique conditions to get one kind of life-supporting environment across an entire planet
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

i'm sick and tired of goddamn tatooine btw

i've seen enough desert
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

but it is nevertheless achievable for a single individual with the requisite skills

and you're telling me that only a jedi or sith can do it?

why wouldn't an enterprising sith make lots of light sabers and make a killing on the black market?

and being such useful tools and weapons, surely any number of planetary economies could afford some sort of planetary light saber mass production operation

I just am having a hard time accepting that they are sooooo super hard to make so as to be unrealistic for a large economy... but at the same time, they're a necessary part of being a jedi/sith

and some people have two light sabers

hell, luke made one in between ESB and RoTJ

also, you're telling me computers and machines can't be programmed to use them without slicing themselves to bits?

shit, we can make machines now that could serve as giant light saber wielding people chopper-uppers
              Lightsabers are incredibly powerful devices considered the official weapon of the super-powered, future-knowing, religious elite that run the galaxy. Why do you think the Jedi would let anyone else use them?
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

and the process of making a lightsaber from those crystals is hard (it takes skill).
                Because in the Star Wars galaxy presumably the things that are really hard to make are all done by hand, because machines are less accurate/efficient than people?

Comment

Lightsabers are incredibly powerful devices considered the official weapon of the super-powered, future-knowing, religious elite that run the galaxy. Why do you think the Jedi would let anyone else use them?
                  The Jedi, while great individual warriors, proved themselves to be a completely inept and ineffective group of people... incapable of seeing the freight train until it hit them

They might be the most incompetent group of "super people" ever.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Quite possible life did not originate on Tattooine but was seeded there later. We have a great many examples of life that exist in extreme environments because they evolved to do so, but we don't think life originated in those extreme environments.

Comment

But how can it maintain a breathable atmosphere?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The Jedi, while great individual warriors, proved themselves to be a completely inept and ineffective group of people... incapable of seeing the freight train until it hit them

They might be the most incompetent group of "super people" ever.
                        Hey, they were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic for over a thousand generations! It wasn't until the Sith came along (who are also super-powered, and can see the future, and are EVIL (which always wins, because GOOD is dumb)), that the Jedi lost control.

Comment

Lightsabers are **** compared to blasters if you don't have superhuman reflexes.

Comment

Hey, they were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic for over a thousand generations! It wasn't until the Sith came along (who are also super-powered, and can see the future, and are EVIL (which always wins, because GOOD is dumb)), that the Jedi lost control.
                            and even then, it only took two sith to take down all those jedi
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              Because in the Star Wars galaxy presumably the things that are really hard to make are all done by hand, because machines are less accurate/efficient than people?
                              So droids can have the language abilities of a human but they can't make **** with their robot hands?

Comment

Working...
                              X