Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Doctor Told Me I Should Vaccinate My Children, But ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if that's the correct answer, but it doesn't matter
    It matters quite a bit, actually. Vaccines have a purpose. I honestly don't see the whole purpose to making it mandatory. Since one, presumably, has to consent to sex, it makes sense to me that a HPV vaccine would also require consent.

I have nothing against HPV being voluntary. If people want it they should be able to get it, and if it's that great of a vaccine, people will get it anyways.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Did you just compare sex to getting a vaccine?

What the hell?

It's a ****ing shot in the arm. Sometimes it hurts for like, 15 minutes, or an hour if you're a *****.

I did not suffer traumatic ill effects from being forced to get an HPV vaccine to attend RIT.

Comment

I did not suffer traumatic ill effects from being forced to get an HPV vaccine to attend RIT.
        You, sure, but others have. And have had very serious reactions to the HPV vaccine.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

The odds of getting an ill effect from the vaccine are far, far, FAAAAAARRRRRRR less than the odds of getting an ill effect from not taking the vaccine. You fail at math.

Also, yes, most of the anti-science people ARE on the right. For every one Holleywood bimbo spouting nonsense there are dozens of religious right loonies. So many that they control the GOP and make stupid **** like anti-vaccine nonsense part of the party platform. Did you see 2012 when none of the GOP hopefuls (all 15 or so of them) would endorse the settled science of vaccinations?
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Vaccines have a purpose. .
            My how profound. So they're one up on you then ?
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
              Sex. A disease passed by sexual contact is still a communicable disease.
              If only intelligence were, Sister Bendy might just possibly acquire some.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                You, sure, but others have. And have had very serious reactions to the HPV vaccine.
                Proof please.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                  If only intelligence were, Sister Bendy might just possibly acquire some.
                  Through sex?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

oops

Comment

• I can't be certain, but I'd guess this article is relevant to the discussion y'all are having with Voldemort:

Vox is a general interest news site for the 21st century. Its mission: to help everyone understand our complicated world, so that we can all help shape it. In text, video and audio, our reporters explain politics, policy, world affairs, technology, culture, science, the climate crisis, money, health and everything else that matters. Our goal is to ensure that everyone, regardless of income or status, can access accurate information that empowers them.

Summary: Australia has seen a massive reduction in teenagers suffering genital warts by giving out free HPV vaccines.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                        Through sex?
                        Or licking a toilet seat or sitting next to a young woman on a bus. Those images I find preferable to one of him involved in the possible transmission of bodily fluids.

Comment

• Summary: Australia has seen a massive reduction in teenagers suffering genital warts by giving out free HPV vaccines.
                          Got no problem with this, only issue I have is making it mandatory. People should be free to choose whether they want a HPV vaccine.

Comment

• Should I mention again that vaccines aren't mandatory, or is that fact irrelevant in the discussion of the pros and cons of having "mandatory" vaccines

Comment

• Should I mention again that vaccines aren't mandatory, or is that fact irrelevant in the discussion of the pros and cons of having "mandatory" vaccines
                              The most dramatic moment of the GOP debate in Florida revolved around Gov. Rick Perry and his 2007 executive order mandating that young girls in Texas get the HPV vaccine. In 2007, this move mystified Republicans and revealed what some saw as a backroom deal.

NPR is a liar now, apparently. Check the dates on this, btw.

Comment

• Why is Ben so afraid of sex?
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X