Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Doctor Told Me I Should Vaccinate My Children, But ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Got no problem with this, only issue I have is making it mandatory. People should be free to choose whether they want a HPV vaccine.
    Still eagerly awaiting your 'proof' of bad reactions to HPV vaccine.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Great. Now I can't get that damn song out of my head.
      It expanded into a vacuum. What a shock.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        He doesn't know where to put it.

Contestants, begin poking out your mental eye now!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
          There have been reports of patients who received HPV vaccine and died of blood clots. These were patient who were in their 20's, took birth control pills and smoked. The vaccine is supposed to be given in the teen years, not the 20's, but sometimes doctors don't obey the rules. Likewise people who take estrogen containing birth control pills aren't supposed to smoke because doing so greatly increases the chance of developig blood clots. sadly, the way the system works is that when someone experiences a side effect while taking a medication even if that side effect can be explained by some thing else, the side effect has to be reported as pertaining to that drug.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

There have been reports of patients who received HPV vaccine and died of blood clots. These were patient who were in their 20's, took birth control pills and smoked. The vaccine is supposed to be given in the teen years, not the 20's, but sometimes doctors don't obey the rules. Likewise people who take estrogen containing birth control pills aren't supposed to smoke because doing so greatly increases the chance of developig blood clots. sadly, the way the system works is that when someone experiences a side effect while taking a medication even if that side effect can be explained by some thing else, the side effect has to be reported as pertaining to that drug.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
              There have been reports of patients who received HPV vaccine and died of blood clots.
              Aha- so Sister Bendy is in favour of a vaccine police who investigate and invigilate. I had an adverse reaction to a multiple vaccine- it was the typhoid/para-typhoid et cetera one- my arm turned red and swollen around the injection site, leaked lymph and I ran a high temperature.

All in all, still not as bad as contracting typhoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                My wife was in charge of a phase 2 drug trial where one older and very overweight patient had a heart attack and died. While it is clear that the drug had nothing to do with the heart attack, it still had to be reported as an adverse event. If the drug is ultimately approved, I would not be surprised to see heart attack listed as a possible side effect.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I once took some antibiotics and got bad diarrhea
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Aha- so Sister Bendy is in favour of a vaccine police who investigate and invigilate. I had an adverse reaction to a multiple vaccine- it was the typhoid/para-typhoid et cetera one- my arm turned red and swollen around the injection site, leaked lymph and I ran a high temperature.

All in all, still not as bad as contracting typhoid.
                    Typhoid vaccines are a vicious bastard. Every other one I've had (and I've been to Africa, so I've had loads) has been fine, but typhoid always leaves me sweating in bed for 24 hours.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                      I once took some antibiotics and got bad diarrhea
                      You could have gotten Toxic Megacolon. Be thankful you didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        I once took some antibiotics and got bad diarrhea
                        You could have gotten Toxic Megacolon. Be thankful you didn't.

Comment

• Dr. S. is trying to pick up Jon Miller's mantle?
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• ?????

Comment

• Dps are (were?) his hing.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Accidents happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X