Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
    Originally posted by The Mad Monk
    You haven't noticed the debris fields where tombs, mosques, synagogues and churches used to be?
    'Their own cultural relics'. I'm not sure how a synagogue or church or Shia mosque equates with being a cultural relic of a fanatical multi-ethnic, multi-national Sunni bunch of beardy lunatics.They are as deeply unattractive as any fundamentalists of course- and as aesthetically arid.

PS: I actually don't give a **** if it's the Marines or the Army.
    It certainly won't be an armchair warrior of you or your relative's ilk, will it ?

Hmm, I wonder why Boko Haram gets a pass.
    Alas, despite also being beardy Sunni lunatics who have an equally hypocritical approach to the accoutrements of Western civilization (they must have some special Sunni Muslim version of the internet and Youtube) Boko Haram have yet to infest the oil producing areas of Nigeria, which are located in the southern coastal regions- populated largely by non-Muslim Nigerians.
    Would you mind not putting others' words in my mouth? I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but since my tag is the only one mentioned that's how it looks.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      Alas, despite also being beardy Sunni lunatics who have an equally hypocritical approach to the accoutrements of Western civilization (they must have some special Sunni Muslim version of the internet and Youtube) Boko Haram have yet to infest the oil producing areas of Nigeria, which are located in the southern coastal regions- populated largely by non-Muslim Nigerians.
      You left out the part where they're black, and therefore possess concern-repelling melanin in high levels. Also BH are a fairly old story, and seem from all news accounts I've heard to be much like the Taliban, content to make their small corner of the world abysmally ****ty without much bothering the others. The world, sadly, is full of terrible little holes. I think the CAR is actually much worse than Nigeria right now--some sort of religious civil war--and we never hear about it. Has Boko Haram actually committed genocide, or attempted it? Are they growing as rapidly as ISIS? Do they directly threaten our allies, even crappy ones like Turkey and Saudi Arabia? Do we have reason to feel directly responsible for their situation, as we do in Iraq? Yes, petroleum politics have made a mess of the country, but we did not actually invade, tear up their civilization by the roots, throw it back down and trust that it would grow back OK by and by.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I liked Boko Haram better in the '70s

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• They're almost as bad.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• So, I'm a little late to this discussion, but has ANYONE pointed out that the MARINES are already there?!!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              I think the CAR is actually much worse than Nigeria right now--some sort of religious civil war--and we never hear about it.
              American interests there are protected.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Has anyone here pointed out that, when ISIS executed an American citizen, they basically admitted that their lives are worth less than American lives? After all, the killing of James Foley was supposed to be a direct consequence of us killing however many dozens of them with airstrikes, right?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I think they know that already. god told them so.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Do you even pay any taxes?
                    I pay lots of taxes. Everyone does.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      Has anyone here pointed out that, when ISIS executed an American citizen, they basically admitted that their lives are worth less than American lives? After all, the killing of James Foley was supposed to be a direct consequence of us killing however many dozens of them with airstrikes, right?
                      I'm pretty sure that's because of scarsity of american civilians around rather than faulty analogy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        He says he's unemployed, so I'm going to go with "no".
                        I said I don't work. That's not the same thing. "Unemployed" implies I am in the labor market in some fashion.

Technically, I suppose I'm retired.

and yes, I pay federal taxes

gosh, everyone is so interested in me
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          So, I'm a little late to this discussion, but has ANYONE pointed out that the MARINES are already there?!!
                          In all seriousness, when the debate comes up on Apolyton about the utility of the Marine Corps, I suggest opponents educate themselves on the global presence of the Marine Corps and our involvement in contingency operations which never make the cable and nightly news shows. I cannot disclose any specifics but trust me when I say that US Marines are forward in every hotbed that comes up even if it doesn't generate an iota of national media attention.
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            I cannot disclose any specifics

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hey, did you know that I am actually in Iraq, kicking ISIS ass by myself doing some sick martial arts?! I can't really disclose any specifics, but believe me guys!!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I don't see what's so funny. I've honestly probably said more than I should.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Hey, did you know that I am actually in Iraq, kicking ISIS ass by myself doing some sick martial arts?! I can't really disclose any specifics, but believe me guys!!
                                I'll make it clear I am not in Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                                X