Cities: Skylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uggghhh I still need to 100% majoras mask

Is there multiplayer? Wacky co-op with sava and wiglaf was the fun part of simcity 5.

edit: well, I bought it. goodbye weekend!
    Last edited by regexcellent; March 14, 2015, 13:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      So industry doesn´t cause air pollution which makes it undesirable for residents to live near industrial zones?

Sounds like I have a little bit relearning to do, from things I am used to from Sim City
      Industry does cause air pollution. It makes citizens sick. You don't need a large buffer area. I separated industry from residential using a 4 block space of office. As industry levels up, it produces less pollution.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

Is there multiplayer? Wacky co-op with sava and wiglaf was the fun part of simcity 5.

That was fun.

No multiplayer.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I think you can seen the pollution right next to the industry.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            I think you can seen the pollution right next to the industry.

JM
            Yes. It turns the ground purple.

My favorite pollution related thing is this game is the plume of poop in the water. I love that. And in general, the water physics in this game is awesome.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I completed my next expansion to the right/(east?). I used a shorter elevated highway with more compact exits and on ramps. I think I will rebuild the elevated highway in the center. This is tedious work, but so satisfying.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• also, in the distance you can see the dark plume of poop my city (or shcity) is creating
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• So far the reviews are mostly positive. I wish I could play it, but the game runs barely on lowest settings on my laptop
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I learned today that relocating your entire population pretty much crashes your economy.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I had just stabilized my economy when I decided that I needed to do an expansion. I took out a loan and bought another fire station (mine had some difficulty). Now my expenses have ballooned and I am about to go bankrupt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 4.39.48 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	9101531

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 4.39.25 PM.png
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	9101532

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 4.39.35 PM.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	9101533

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Just reached 65k pop and achieved "Megalopolis".

I doubt I've built enough to fill two tiles. I think I could reach 500k if I kept expanding this city. I hope they implement the 25 tile mod. 9 doesn't seem like enough. I'm going to try out a few different maps. I seem to have settled on a decent pattern with regards to highways and grids. Though, my main artery is pretty packed right now. But despite heavy traffic, things are still flowing.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I now have the game as well ... but not gotten too far yet (pics from the city at christmas of the second year):

2 points:
                          -Is it just me or is it sometimes a PITA to lay overland powerlines to city blocks ... sometimes the blue power area of the buildings within a city block is so small that it doesn´t even cross the surrounding street (so that any overland powerline mast I place on the other side of the street don´t supply the city block inside the streets with power)

-is there any way to see which of my bus lines is running on capacity and which is running over capacity (= hours of waiting time for passengers because all buses are overcrowded) ... it somehow seems to be hard to tell me if (and when) I ever need another bus depot for my bus lines, of if the one I have is enough for all eternity
                          Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 15, 2015, 12:35.
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I seem to stall at the same point, around ~3000 people I can't provide everything and make money and I end up being negative. If I make it to 3900 or not it doesn't really solve my problem of not making money.

Do I need to not do timber?

How do you make money?

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 1.47.37 PM.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	9101534

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              I seem to stall at the same point, around ~3000 people I can't provide everything and make money and I end up being negative. If I make it to 3900 or not it doesn't really solve my problem of not making money.

Do I need to not do timber?

How do you make money?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]177253[/ATTACH]

JM
                              For me it comes automatically by satisfying the RCI bars ...
                              i.e. not having the need for Residential, Commercial and Industrial zones grow too high (by always searching for places to zone the zones with the highest ned bars).
                              I also always try to keep the land value of commercial and residential at a high enough value (so the houses in the zones get enough stimulation to grow) by having necessary services (like police, firemen, schools, clinics) in range and also supplying them with places for leisure activity (parks, which you can get by the button with the tree on it)

At the beginning I also didn´t provide everything possible but rather tried to build streets in order to create new zones ... and only one after the other got city services running (as each service has running costs it is important to first have the weekly income to sustain it (without making losses) before thinking about building it

As for Timer ... sounds like a good idea to me, after all AFAIK it gives 10% more revenue than normal industry ... but (I am not sure, but guess) it is ideally placed in heavily wooded areas) (which you can create artificially ... the leisure area - menu also has a tab where you can plant individual trees)
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                                Uggghhh I still need to 100% majoras mask

So, I assume skylines is on Steam?

Having now played with Sava in Civilization I'm highly curious to have seen what a "region" would have looked like playing with him.
                                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                                X