No announcement yet.

Go, Europe, Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the eurovision song contest winner was about tolerance. being different and being accepted for who you are.

Serb, the things you say are like that of a fundamentalist religious person. If you do that to troll, ok
    If not, I hope that's not the prevalent opinion.

about ukranians saying they come from venus and jesus was ukranian, there are nutjobs everywhere. there's a theory greeks are from sirius and jesus was greek. you can hear it on after 4 at night at some channels where noone is watching and they are trying to sell books.
    Are you sure they are not a tiny fraction among the ukranians too?

Comment

• The way I look at it, people who try to use orthodoxy to justify backward, anti-progression, seclusive thinking are dangerous, like that so-called "philosopher" does.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
        Just going to point out that most Ukrainian immigrants to Canada arrived before the First World War. Feel free to resume your bull****-fest now.
        There was also a second wave of Ukrainian nazi-collaborators (Banderovtci) who fled to Canada after WW2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          Are you sure they are not a tiny fraction among the ukranians too?
          Absolutely. For 20 years they were creating a cult of "Ancient Ukrainians" (Древние Укры). Every fascist regime does so. They write sh!tloads of fascinating bullsh!it in their history and schoolbooks.

Just a couple of maps from their schoolbooks:

The great migration of Arian-ProtoUkrainians on the edge of II-I millennium B.C.:

Click image for larger version

Name:	svid27-8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	9101148

(So, Greeks are Ukrainians too )

The Great Ukrainian-Persian war of 514-513 B.C. Defeat of Persians:

Name:	bank_14317_48805.jpg
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	9101149

And this is how Ancient Ukrainians invented Arab digits (so, it's actually Ukrainian digits:

Name:	bank_14318_84055.jpg
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	9101150

And all that sh!t is from official Ukrainian schoolbook of history. It took me a couple of minutes to find these examples. And there are many such schoolbooks, not just this one.

That God damn country has gone mad entirely.
          Last edited by Serb; August 21, 2014, 10:30.

Comment

• serb! hey... hows the weather over your way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              The way I look at it, people who try to use orthodoxy to justify backward, anti-progression, seclusive thinking are dangerous, like that so-called "philosopher" does.
              Any religious fundamentalism leads to regress. However, religion is not an antonym for science or progress, especially in the 21st century. Communism and Christianity perfectly co-exist in Latin America.

Comment

• Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                serb! hey... hows the weather over your way?
                Cloudy, about +25C.

Comment

• that's not too bad. summer here now... but not very hot this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                    Any religious fundamentalism leads to regress. However, religion is not an antonym for science or progress, especially in the 21st century. Communism and Christianity perfectly co-exist in Latin America.
                    lolwut?
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Ever heard of Liberation theology?

Comment

• Ukranians beat the Persians.
                        Great

About the other thing, I don't know my friend Serb. I always felt very comfortable inside the tenants of european enlightment and all that followed the french revolution like human rights and dignity etc etc. I know Russia espouses them too and in theory at least communism was supposed to do that too.
                        As a christmas and easter orthodox I don't feel threatened at all by a "western europe". Italians and Greeks pretty much love eachother and there's no going between religion etc We just joke about it calling eachother heretic just to laugh when the conversation goes there.
                        And besides that's the beauty of this continent (when it's going well), that there's diversity.

I hope for the Russians the best and it's not that I worry about what "others can do to you" but wether you'll become entrapped in some ugly situation. Which is a danger for all countries of course.

Comment

• About what the ukranians are doing, that's called creating mythomotors. This is standard practise during nation building when a distinct separate national identity is needed.
                          Mythomotors are tales, loosely relating to some distant historical truth that act like a "magnetic sphere" around which a national consciousness is saturated. Tales (many times not at all very acurate) that are used to "forge" a national identity.
                          Of course the examples you posted are very funny and it is always bad when an "external enemy" is used to strengthen such mythomotors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
                            Ever heard of Liberation theology?
                            I'm not seeing religion and christianity coexisting over here. A small group of them? maybe. Most are at odds though. They're also very far from science and progress.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Where are you from?

Comment

• Latin America
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X