Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should atheists in America be allowed to marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ", as" implies definition. "Marriage, as" means that Marriage is defined as...

Marriage is not always defined as a religious ceremony. Only within a Church. Hence why Sloww is not keen at atheists marrying in Churches (and neither am I - it is not worship, it is a specific request to rent out sacred space for an event).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm done. This is like arguing with Ben.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If anything, I "failed" to specifically distinguish between a religious ceremony marriage and secular marriage.

Which is absolutely NOT NECESSARY given it was a direct response to Sloww. Who was referring to a religious ceremony marriage?

Honestly, you guys act like I was saying 2+2=4

If anything, this is Guy's fuckup for making all sorts of weird inferences
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          The ", as" implies definition.
          No. That's one goddamn use of the word. This is pathetic.

Also, that was 5 hours after Sloww's reply to me.

So try again.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

After Guy's mistaken characterization of my statement... Sloww compounded the error.

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            but you think that a religious entity should be forced to take part.
            This is 100% false. I never said this. I made it absolutely clear I believe the opposite.

So... wrongness? Or flat out lying?

And then you came in later, Imran, trolling, lying, being wrong, I dunno. Any guess is as good as mine. I think you hopped on the train thinking you had a good pwnage circle jerk, but didn't really care all that much and just kept me company until you got tired.

The whole bizarre thing with the word "as".... sheesh

nevertheless, I'm sure people will get a kick out of this
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm done. This is like arguing with Ben.
              Yet another polyltubby slides ahead of me.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's hard to argue against things you didn't say.

Best I can gather, Guy thought I didn't know church wasn't the only place to get married. Slowwhand reinforced it by oddly assuming my "get government out of marriage" plan included the government telling churches they had to marry everyone.

Meanwhile, I'm still arguing the original point. I elaborate further, by directly addressing Sloww's original point.

Sloww responds again... at this point, lying... I have to conclude. At this point, I lost count of how many times I said the government shouldn't dictate marriage.

Yet, people still are telling me I said this. Where? Quote it, I say!

Imran arrived. blahblahblahragecapsOMFGRAWR... at this point, he's just trying to ride the momentum of what he thought was me being wrong.

I finally get through clearly explaining my original point.

Imran thinks my obvious attempt to draw distinction between different marriages is... a direct definition?

... because he doesn't know what the word "as" means.

If that's me getting "pwned"... then the word no longer has any meaning.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I take it all back. This was all a clever ruse. I honestly don't believe that any marriage exists outside of a church. It's all religious. FACT

see, I was actually trying to argue that before but I got all distracted by the whole "oh, I didn't actually say those words" thing
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

my sister's best friend married her current husband by going to the courthouse

i actually remember the occasion vividly because I remember telliung them, hey, that's not marriage because marraige is ONLY a religious ceremony.

the govermint actually does not recognize, perform, or recognize marriages noit performed in a church

EVER

theyu never have
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

LOL LOOK WHAT I JUST SAID

WHERE ARE YOU IMRAN

IMRAN, AS A MEMBER OF THIS SITE, YOUR PARICPAITIAOTN IS WANTED

imran, as a

oh wait, that's the same old AS trope

Imran is as dumb as a box of dumb people.

oh wait

a comparative statement?

HEAVENS TO BETSY I"M CONFUSED

AS IMPLIES DEFINEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

nonsense

Imran is as smart as he thinks he is!

as the world turnssssss so do the hamsters in imran's brain
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If that's me getting "pwned"... then the word no longer has any meaning.
                          Sucks don't it. Sometimes you just gotta accept it, sava.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I didn't lie. Either you are or you can't even understand your own writing.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

k
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Either you are or you can't even understand your own writing.
                                Quote where I said the government should force churches to conduct weddings. Do that and I'll accept being pwned.

Quote where I specified that weddings are religious ceremonies and religious ceremonies ONLY. Do that and I'll accept being pwned.

To be fair Sloww, I'll accept that it was a reading mistake on your part if you admit it.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X