Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should atheists in America be allowed to marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your apparent failure to understand that marriage is about love, regardless of what imaginary friend they choose to talk to.

And who made you the arbiter of who can get married in a Christian church? Speak for your own congregation.

Church, to me, is a cultural and community institution. The priests don't stand at the door polling people and then turning away the atheists. Whatever sick church does that should be worshiping Satan, because they aren't clickin with the whole Jesus thing.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You fail to understand that just because they want to get married doesn't make it mandatory that the institution participate. They, and you, need to put on your big boy pants and realize that you do as you please, but that no one else is bound by your decision. Get over it.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        If corporations are people, can you legally marry your job?
        I'm married to my job, but it's only common law.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          You fail to understand that just because they want to get married doesn't make it mandatory that the institution participate. They, and you, need to put on your big boy pants and realize that you do as you please, but that no one else is bound by your decision. Get over it.
          Where did anyone say participation would be mandatory or compelled?

Get a clue.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They can get married, just not in a Christian church. I have no idea why having a religious ceremony is so important to people who don't believe.
            Indeed. I remember recently an article where some atheist couple was told by a Pastor that they couldn't use their church and they raised a stink. Churches aren't event halls and to not even realize this just smacks of idiocy.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Indeed again. Sava's massive reading comprehension fail notwithstanding.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Indeed again. Sava's massive reading comprehension fail notwithstanding.
                POINT OUT WHAT TEH **** I AM MISREADING

****FORBRAINS
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Post #18, in its entirety.

I know that you are embarrassed you misread it and got called out on it by multiple people and are now double down on your stupidity, but you aren't fooling anyone.

Comment

Where do I even begin? Sloww's original statement is ten levels of retarded.

Atheists arent this magical group of "others". Some may go to church for reasons other than belief. You aren't the thought police. You don't get to decide who gets to marry in what church. Nor should you. If churches want to marry gays, they can... without government interference. The Satancults can keep being bigots. But they can't use government to push their beliefs onto all Christians.

Sloww talks about the issue as if he himself were Christianity.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Post #18, in its entirety.

I know that you are embarrassed you misread it and got called out on it by multiple people and are now double down on your stupidity, but you aren't fooling anyone.
                      I make a habit of ignoring my **** ups? Half my post history is

LOLOOPS
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And point out exactly where I said churches should be forced to marry gays. POINT IT OUT YOU LYING IDIOT

If the government is out of marriage, how can it force anything regarding the issue onto anyone?

It's absolute 100% mental retardation.

even by 1st ballot HOF Mike Vick standards
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

hopefully this advil kicks in soon so i can go the **** to sleep
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

and well done, I suppose

the old, say the opposite what sava said trick and watch him ragelawl
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Uh huh. Maybe when you wake tomorrow, you'll find out how utterly incoherent and bizarre your response was to Sloww.

Its another case of responding to what you thought someone said rather than what they actually said.

Comment

I've read and reread his statement. I've yet to see a single shred of evidence that I'm wrong.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X