X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean it isn't! :shocked:
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Did you know that there's only been one El Niño since Obama was elected? I'm not saying there's a connection or anything, but I am going to write an article for a highly respected national newspaper with the headline, "Since Obama's Election, Only One El Niño." It's a fact, and that makes it newsworthy.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• sucker baiting

Obama hates little kids
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• And I personally don't think those dope smokers robbed him to pay for their pot. They probably robbed him because they thought he was a douche.
          Interesting. Rah condones stealing from people who he personally doesn't like.

No, rah. What part of "they broke into the house", is hard to understand? I wasn't even living there at the time. I was at school.

They stole some of my mother's jewelery (which she can never replace), broke some of her cabinets (but couldn't figure out how to take the television), and my father's blower and a bunch of his tools.

My father said he later found some of the items at a house of the known dealer.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Ben: It's food stamps not Medicare that grants the government the authority you are claiming.
            It applies to Medicare as well. Same concept. If the government is paying for it the government has the authority to claim what is and is not covered. With food stamps they can make your buying decisions over food and what you eat. With Medicare, they can cut you off of your medications, regulate how much you get and whether you get coverage at all.
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 6, 2014, 11:59.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• That's the best way to describe BK's religious views... and views on everything. I really hope Christianity turns out to be true just so I get to witness him meeting Jesus.

I want to watch BK meet Jesus more than I actually want to meet Jesus myself.
              I hope for both of our sakes it's in heaven, and not the second coming.

Comment

• There actually are standards for what constitutes a "real" religion in America. One of my pre-law classes was all about SCOTUS and we talked extensively about such criteria.

Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head:

-longstanding tradition in legal and religious history (the big one)
                -religion must have a creed
                -membership of regular worshipers
                -a place of worship (not some dude's basement)
                -an established organization of ordained ministers
                -must also provide regular religious services (I'm not sure if the frequency matters, like weekly mass or whatever)
                Yep, and it's why Rasta doesn't count. It also doesn't have any form of sacred scriptures unique to themselves.

Comment

• not even going to bother
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    My father said he later found some of the items at a house of the known dealer.
                    What was he doing there? Shopping?
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      What was he doing there? Shopping?

(I ALWAYS GO TO A DEALER'S HOUSE WHEN I'M NOT SMOKING WEEED)
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• A murderer had a nervous breakdown and invented your BS religion
                        What murderer? Christ?

people have been using pot in their religions longer than your religion has existed.
                        Christianity is somewhat older than Marley.

I see you just ignored the sources I posted. I figured you'd do that
                        Yeah, I'm sorry I don't consider Marley to be a prophet.

It dont matter if Medicare funding can be cut by Congress
                        The program can be entirely eliminated by Congress. It's a publicly owned and operated program.

you claimed the tax you pay for Medicare gave you the right to make all our decisions
                        I claimed that I get a say because you are taxing my ass to pay for Medicare. This is a fundamental part of the American republic. Taxation comes with representation.

from what foods we can eat to how much exercise you require from us and how many hours of TV we can watch.
                        That's the problem with Obamacare. Perhaps you don't see it but, coming from an area with single payer, that is how things work up north.

That was your argument, now you're running away from it.
                        Berz, perhaps you should stop and ask yourself, "why is Ben so much against socialized medicine?" Could it be that I've lived under the system and want nothing to do with it?

I never said I could live off it
                        Funny, you can live off food.

I did quote you and I'll do it again
                        If it's not an enumerated right Congress has the power to regulate it. There is no enumerated right to pot.

The constitution explicitly protects freedom of religious expression.
                        Rasta isn't a religion.

No enumerated right to eat food, Ben
                        ONCE AGAIN - yes there is an enumerated right. The Right to life.

But you're wrong, there is no enumerated right to life. I asked where you found this right and got crickets
                        *sigh*

You're really going to make me quote it. Ok.

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
                        Due process clause of the 4th Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

A plant is not commerce
                        Neither is moonshine and it's been regulated too.

you said Congress can ban it
                        It's not banned. Congress simply requires that it (along with many other hallucinogenic drugs), be dispensed in a pharmacy. Same with Opioids.

, maybe you should spend some time thinking about your arguments before posting them, constantly changing what you said doesn't make you look ethical.
                        Yawn. What you mean is that "He opposes pot, he must be wrong!" You aren't an atheist, Berz. Pot is your God.

Comment

• What was he doing there? Shopping?
                          When his snowblower was sitting right out there, it's not hard to make the connection.

It's a small neighborhood, Felch. Everyone knows everybody pretty much. He walked the loop to see if anything turned up.

Comment

• All snowblower thieves smoke weed. FACT
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• All snowblower thieves smoke weed. FACT
                              There was nothing to suggest the break-in was specifically targeting anything other than valuable items that could be sold quickly to fund drugs. I suppose I should be thankful we didn't have the meth problem other neighborhoods did.

Comment

• People only steal to buy drugs
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X