No announcement yet.

Palestinian Christians Refuse To Be Pushed Off Their Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the legal title preceded the state of Israel and both come from the British...its like the Feds having a treaty with a tribe before a state was created
    And the United States of America is not bound by the agreements of either Britain or other colonial powers who came before them.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The legal titleholders and the state of Israel were born with Britain's permission, the USA was not

Comment

I am extremely confused. Our resident fundamentalist Christian (who also hates big government) appears to be taking the side of another religions state government over those of lifelong Christians who embody everything Christianity preaches. What's more these Christians are even from the very place Jesus was born and lived. Could anyone explain what might possibly be making him not like these particular Christians?

Comment

it could be one of those weird american things where israel can do no wrong; every outrage, every provocation, every injustice, every act of violence committed by israel is not only justified but righteous.

or it could be because he's a colossal racist, terrible christian and all round ****stain.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

What I am surprised is that you can all still be bothered by Ben's trolls. After all these years, really?

as for the article, I like this the best:

"We are not doing any of those steps in order to make the family leave. We are enforcing the law."

Ooooh yes, "the law".
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

this case could hardly be more black and white: a family who have held the land for generations and who even have documents to prove it have been subjected to a campaign of intimidation and destruction in an attempt by the israelis to steal their land, and yet in the face of all of forces of the occupying power have maintained a courageous and non-violent resistance without compromising their christian principles; yet despite all this there are still people who defend israel's actions in this case.

its how the west was won
              quite. it's a typical example of the tactics used by a colonial power to appropriate the land of the original inhabitants.

of course, this is hardly an isolated incident, it's been going on for years all over palestine, and most of the victims lack both the documentation and resources (both physical and moral) of the nassar family.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                the legal title preceded the state of Israel and both come from the British...its like the Feds having a treaty with a tribe before a state was created
                You say that with irony, right? Tell that also to the descendants of Hispanics who lived in Texas or California before those areas were annexed to the United States, many of whose ancestors fought for Texas freedom or for US annexation, all of whom were promised that they could keep their former land legally acquired from the Mexican government.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  And the United States of America is not bound by the agreements of either Britain or other colonial powers who came before them.
                  Actually in the case of Texas and California it was bound in writing to honor all land grants previously issued by the Mexican government.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                    I am extremely confused. Our resident fundamentalist Christian (who also hates big government) appears to be taking the side of another religions state government over those of lifelong Christians who embody everything Christianity preaches. What's more these Christians are even from the very place Jesus was born and lived. Could anyone explain what might possibly be making him not like these particular Christians?
                    They're darkies, he's a Texan.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      or it could be because he's a colossal racist, terrible christian and all round ****stain.
                      I'm going to go with this.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        Its almost as if you didn't read the article.
                        Meh, this particular guy is in the process of proving his ancestors owned the land (though I do wonder why he doesn't have current tax records since the 1960's because if I didn't pay my property taxes for even one year I'd lose my house yet they apparently haven't paid them for half a century) but that doesn't change the facts I posted about. It is a fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of Palestinians have never had any legal right to the land they have built on and instead are just squatters and I have absolutely no problems with removing squatters or knocking down their squatter settlements.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          Meh, this particular guy is in the process of proving his ancestors owned the land (though I do wonder why he doesn't have current tax records since the 1960's because if I didn't pay my property taxes for even one year I'd lose my house yet they apparently haven't paid them for half a century) but that doesn't change the facts I posted about. It is a fact that the vast, vast, vast majority of Palestinians have never had any legal right to the land they have built on and instead are just squatters and I have absolutely no problems with removing squatters or knocking down their squatter settlements.
                          Why pay taxes to a country actively engaged in ethnically cleansing your people?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                            it could be one of those weird american things where israel can do no wrong
                            Except he's not a ****ing American, dip****.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't pay your taxes, lose any and all rights to land ownership.

(Then the freeloading nontaxpayers can whine even more about "ethnic cleansing" when the truth is their population is exploding.)
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Damn, if only the Native Americans had paid their taxes, then they wouldn't have been swept off the land by the United States...
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X