Split skin on ball of foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split skin on ball of foot

What the hell do I do about this? It's making it irritating to walk. The skin somehow just split open, it's like, a third of an inch wide and kinda deep (but not bleeding at all). The skin is all calloused. I've been putting up with it for a few days, figuring it'll heal but it's not healing.

You're the new Albie, aren't you, with all your injuries?

Go to a ****ing doctor, just don't go directly to ER this time.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

You're supposed to be in the army or national guard or whatever it is. Man up you *****...

I saw a copy of Southern Comfort in a charity shop over the weekend and it made me think of you...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

from the symptoms you describe, it appears that amputation is the only solution.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I think Jesus is trying to tell you to slow down your hectic pace and spend a few hour in front of your computer updating Dead Pool. Jesus is being subtle this time....
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            ...just don't go directly to ER this time.
            Well there goes the only correct response to the OP.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Forget about swift healing. It'll just grow out over the next 2-3 weeks.

If you're about to do some insane hike on it, there are some classic Bloke Fixes. Some swear by superglue, but it just doesn't hold together on me. Duct tape works as a quick fix.

One small word of warning. If the split goes quite deep, superglue can sting like a mother****er.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Good advice from Bugs here.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

drink more water, you'll be fine
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    from the symptoms you describe, it appears that amputation is the only solution.
                    Yes, but of the head.

Perhaps his foot has developed a mind of its own and is feeling splittist tendencies ? I wonder if it's the left foot....
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                      Perhaps his foot has developed a mind of its own and is feeling splittist tendencies ? I wonder if it's the left foot....
                      Tomorrow it will be occupied by totally not Russian nanomilitia to ensure a peaceful secession referendum.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        Forget about swift healing. It'll just grow out over the next 2-3 weeks.

If you're about to do some insane hike on it, there are some classic Bloke Fixes. Some swear by superglue, but it just doesn't hold together on me. Duct tape works as a quick fix.

One small word of warning. If the split goes quite deep, superglue can sting like a mother****er.
                        Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Good advice from Bugs here.
                        Thanks, I'll just wait for it to go away then.

Comment

Is this a split in the callus, or does it go deeper w/o bleeding? If it's just split callus, that might not mean anything at all, aside from feeling tender. Thick callus can do that without anything being wrong.
                          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Hi you guise AAHZ here.

I just wanted to say how important this thrade is to me and how dePendent I am on it for my mental and PhysicKal well Being. If i didn't read this thrade at the right time my life would have turned out tragicKally differently. So thank you for making this thrade OP. THANK YOU.

I am now going to do some jumPing jacKs, go for a long jog, and then randomly stomP my feet into the ground many times just to enjoy the feeling.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              Thanks, I'll just wait for it to go away then.
                              You can speed things up by using a pumice stone on it or if you have a few bucks go in for a pedicure as they have special devices jus for removing callouses and for fixing people's foot problems.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X