Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb View Post
    Give us some time.
    By the time Russia is ready to attack the US, we will all be speaking Chinese.

They are already assimilating parts of the far east are they not?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Alaska is historically Russian land too, btw.
      You can have it back, but you have to take Sarah Palin too.

Comment

She looks at Serb every morning.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I think Ben should go eat more fast food chicken. The more the better.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Had you elected McCaine we wouldn't have this conversation now.
            we'd all be Crimeans

Comment

Nothing like a chicken hawk writing about how much they like chicken.
              Umm, how exactly am I a chicken hawk? I'm unfit for service on either side of the border.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Give us some time.
                More time? Russia is weaker than it was 50 years ago.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You can have it. Im sure that Putin will construe my comment as legally binding.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I thought it might be about a cabal of child molesting Roman Catholic priests and their favourite victim.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Historically, it 'belonged' to the natives the Russians tried so hard to kill in the Aleutian Islands and elsewhere. Not that they were in that respect any different from other imperialist powers.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Umm, how exactly am I a chicken hawk? I'm unfit for service on either side of the border.
                        Chickenhawk (also chicken hawk and chicken-hawk) is a political term used in the United States to describe a person who strongly supports war or other military action (i.e., a war hawk), yet who actively avoided military service when of age.

The term indicates that the person in question is hypocritical for personally dodging a draft or otherwise shirking their duty to their country during a time of armed conflict while advocating that others do so. Generally, the implication is that chickenhawks lack the moral character to ask others to support, fight and perhaps die in an armed conflict. Those who avoid military service and continue to oppose armed aggression are not chickenhawks.

Origin of the term[edit]

In political usage chickenhawk is a compound of chicken (meaning coward) and hawk (meaning someone who advocates war, first used to describe "War Hawks" in the War of 1812). The earliest known print citation of chickenhawk in this sense was in the June 16, 1986 issue of The New Republic.[1] An association between the word chickenhawk and war was popularized several years earlier in the 1983 bestselling book Chickenhawk, a memoir by Robert Mason about his service in the Vietnam War, in which he was a helicopter pilot. Mason used the word as a compound oxymoron to describe both his fear of combat ("chicken") and his attraction to it ("hawk"), a slightly different use of the term which nonetheless might have inspired the current usage.[1]

Previously, the term war wimp was sometimes used, coined during the Vietnam War by Congressman Andrew Jacobs, a Marine veteran of the Korean War. Jacobs defined a war wimp as "someone who is all too willing to send others to war, but never got 'round to going himself".

or older man that seeks younger men for sex
                        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Even though KFC is open for business on sundays, it's not open to about 10 am daily. So KFC loses out on the breakfast money. If KFC opened for breakfast, it would be a different ballgame.
                          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

CFA opens at 6 am 6 days a week, It's actually open 14 hours more per week than KFC. Also 24 of those hours are during peek breakfast time.
                            Considering the fact that business days are longer at CFA, Work days have the potential to be longer that also translates into workers at CFA actually having less time too spend with their family if they were actually working fulltime.
                            However, both CFA and KFC are in the practice of maintaining large part time workforces so they don't have to pay medical benefits, overtime and etc. SO really the whole idea of being closed on sundays to spend time with FAMILY is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                              Historically, it 'belonged' to the natives the Russians tried so hard to kill in the Aleutian Islands and elsewhere. Not that they were in that respect any different from other imperialist powers.
                              They were.
                              Segregation and other horrors of white man's burden came with Americans after the purchase.

Comment

Molly, you are wrong here. The Russian Alaska and American Alaska are two different Alaskas for the Natives.

Comment

Working...
                                X