Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That pays well?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I think there are remote IT help desk jobs that allow you to log in from home and work really odd hours.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Did I mention that when my roommate starts his nightly phone call, he moves from room to room in the house and makes sure to open and close all the doors he goes through as he does so and that I've run out of antidepressants and am also running out of reasons not to beat him to a bloody pulp with the stool I keep my TV on?
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• HEY ****NUGGET YOU'VE BEEN IN THE LIVING ROOM AN AWFULLY LONG TIME WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM, TAKE A ****, THEN LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT UP AND NOT TURN OFF THE BATHROOM LIGHT, ALL WHILE STILL TALKING ON THE PHONE (true story).

Comment

• It's easy to get distracted when you're on the phone. I speak from experience

Comment

• He just took a jaunt out onto the front porch, which is nice, because I can't hear him as well, but also lets in a draft and the front door is kind of ****ed up so it takes him several tries to slam it shut whenever he goes in and out.

Comment

• He's moved on to his second phone call because apparently the first person had stayed up past their bedtime. Meanwhile, it's 28 out and supposed to snow tomorrow, but ****face had turned the heat off. BRAGGJKFLE.

Comment

• I make most of my money when sleeping. While it's not a tremendously stable income, if I didnt feel like working until say ... April ... I could probably get away with it without a big hit to income. Hours are completely up to me. It's along the lines of what Rah said... only instead of contracting out programming to someone else, I do it for my own projects. There are variations that require almost no technical skills. Writing skills are useful but not required.

If I could add in the other thing Rah said and become even a decent salesman Id be rich. My "walk-in traffic" is about a million people a month and the overhead is insignificant.

Comment

• What is it you do exactly? Sounds kinda interesting.
                    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• And Lori, your 'roommate' (this is a person that shares your flat, not someone who shares your room?), is totally out of order across multiple levels.

Basically, if he wants to be talking to people at that time of night, he needs to make sure you can't hear him.
                      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. The reasonable cutoff time is when you want to go to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                          And Lori, your 'roommate' (this is a person that shares your flat, not someone who shares your room?), is totally out of order across multiple levels.

Basically, if he wants to be talking to people at that time of night, he needs to make sure you can't hear him.
                          Yeah, we Americans don't use the term flatmate. We occupy separate rooms in a single house.

Comment

• Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                            What is it you do exactly? Sounds kinda interesting.
                            I make website/apps, generally game related. Basically, play games, determine where players are looking for help/info about the game, and make a site or app that provides what they are looking for.

Comment

• Welp, I put in notice at work. I'll be jobless come the 23rd. Doing some rough estimating, I have enough projected savings to get me through July-ish. Which is fine, because I intend on working part-time between now and then, and because I can work full-time again once the spring semester is over come June-ish. And since I won't be working full-time anymore, I can take more than 12 credits a semester, which means I can get this college thing done sooner and cheaper. And it also means I'll get more financial aid come next semester because I won't have a full-time job anymore. Nevertheless, this is kind of terrifying.

Comment

• kind-of terrifying is good
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X