No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori, you need to learn how to love Lori. I suggest you send yourself a pic of your penis.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• You're never going to see a picture of my penis, DaShi.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        But man, at least you put yourself out there. When I was desperately lonely and pining after women, my usual tactic was to find out everything about a particular woman and never say a word to them. Would you like me to tell you the class schedule of the girl I was obsessed with in the 8th grade? Her home phone number? Her most common outfits? Her favorite brand of cigarettes? Because I can. Still. 15 years later.
        Elok pined just like you. It is just that after HS in college (a couple of years) he got desperate enough to ask someone out.

I didn't ask anyone out in HS (despite crushes). I didn't ask anyone out in the first 3 years of college (despite crushes). In the final year of college I had started to understand enough to realize that there were two girls who were flirting with me/etc. I tried to ask one of them out... she didn't really speak to me again. The other one I spent some time with (went to see one of the on-campus movies/etc) but purposefully did not try to ask out/etc.

In graduate school there were again crushes (some lasting for years). I started to drink (after the first year finished) and drink heavily, so I was in situations where I had a couple of drunk girls kiss me. Finally in my 7th year of graduate school I had gotten things a bit sorted (no longer drank heavily, was doing OK on my PhD) and was desperate enough that I started trying to go out with girls online/etc. I possibly went on a first date then... when I was 28; it didn't go anywhere. There was a girl who I liked who came onto me strongly while drunk, which turned me off. At the end of 2009, I moved to Sweden. I met a girl, there was a lot of chemistry on the first date despite me being extremely awkward when hugging her at the end. We talked online (including about kissing) and then had a second date, I shook when I held her hand... and almost screwed up the goodnight kiss.

Now we are married and have a daughter.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          But man, at least you put yourself out there. When I was desperately lonely and pining after women, my usual tactic was to find out everything about a particular woman and never say a word to them. Would you like me to tell you the class schedule of the girl I was obsessed with in the 8th grade? Her home phone number? Her most common outfits? Her favorite brand of cigarettes? Because I can. Still. 15 years later.
          So you, uh . . . had unusually good info-gathering skills as an adolescent, and an unusually long memory for what you gathered? Ha ha, loser! I didn't even bother trying to learn stuff about the actual girls, instead building up an elaborate mental construct of The Perfect Woman around the little I knew of them.

(Srsly, the fact that you remember in this much detail is odd. Also, I'm not attracted to smokers, that's just gross. Otherwise normal.)
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Also, I'm not attracted to smokers, that's just gross.
            Neither am I. I spent a good chunk of my mental energy trying to figure out how to save her from the bad crowd she'd fallen in with that had gotten her to start smoking.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Vapping appears to be a safe, clean alternative to cigarettes.

I remember all the girls I've crushes on(or do I?!) but I was too distracted by video games to actually do any detective work.
              "

Comment

• I had a harem for a while. But then I settled on The One and dumped the harem.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Only to realize later that the harem was The One.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                    Only to realize later that the harem was The One.
                    A collective-mind entity? Now you're making Lori horny.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• (Trying not to use this thread anymore but) I have two questions:

One, at what hour of the night does it become acceptable for me tell my roommate to shut the **** up and get off the goddamn phone?

Two, does anyone know of any jobs where I can work 25-30 hours a week making $25-$30/hour with a schedule completely of my own choosing?

Thanks.

Comment

• 11:00

Drug dealing
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• you can wait tables. Seriously. I freaking made bank when I was a waiter. There's only a few fringe benefits, though.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• One, at what hour of the night does it become acceptable for me tell my roommate to shut the **** up and get off the goddamn phone?
                            That hour never occurs. On the other side of the coin any hour is appropriate for reminding a roommate that you're trying to rest and if he could keep it down.

Two, does anyone know of any jobs where I can work 25-30 hours a week making $25-$30/hour with a schedule completely of my own choosing?
                            If there was an easy answer to this, there would be very little poverty in the US.
                            Contract programming comes to mind. Also 'very successful' sales, but you have to be a special person to handle all the rejection. (which based on this thread disqualifies you)
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My roommate is regularly on the phone until 1 or 2 in the morning. I figure if there's any point at which bludgeoning him into unconsciousness with my table fan becomes socially acceptable, it's then.

Drug dealing and waiting tables are out, because I'm terrible at customer service.

Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Also 'very successful' sales, but you have to be a special person to handle all the rejection. (which based on this thread disqualifies you)

Comment

• Delivering pizza?
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X