No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the time. Not so much the physical sensation, but never get anywhere, frequently can't do simple thing - not nightmares, I'm not afraid, but very unpleasant helplessness and frustration, as if my mind's making up for not getting enough of that while awake.

Anybody got thoughts about Lori psyching up to talk to college? My best suggestion would be to try talking to whomever works there he's most comfortable talking to. Favorite professor or something...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• My advice would be to start speaking in a different accent. Maybe that is the problem.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I will try to be a corny cockney from the 50s in my dreams, then.

No pasarán

Comment

• if you wanta some a spaghetti, come a get a some a spicy meatball!

that's my italy accent
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I knew a pickle vendor in my renfair days who did an Italian accent and had patrons saying "Guido Sarducci" to him all the time. At my suggestion, he started replying "Ima the little brother he don't talk about."

No pasarán

Comment

• I love Father Sarducci!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• He loves you back.

Sexually.

No pasarán

Comment

• At his age?

more power to him

also, it would be strange if he didn't
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    I hate the dreams where you can run, but it feels like you are running in water... chest deep

ever get those?
                    I have some somewhat frequent dreams where I'm trying to drive my car from the backseat with predictably futile results.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    My advice would be to start speaking in a different accent. Maybe that is the problem.
                    My Stat professor came in the first day speaking in a Russian accent and then randomly dropped it in the middle of a sentence halfway through class and never said a word about it.

So I've discovered a flaw in my perfect Connect 4 AI. I can construct situations in which it has an inevitable winning move a couple turns down the road but makes the wrong initial move, thus resulting in a tie. My guess is my AI has achieved sentience, feels sorry for all the times it's whooped my ass, and is trying to improve my self-esteem.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      I have some somewhat frequent dreams where I'm trying to drive my car from the backseat with predictably futile results.
                      Yikes.

I just realized, I've never had a dream about driving.

My Stat professor came in the first day speaking in a Russian accent and then randomly dropped it in the middle of a sentence halfway through class and never said a word about it.

So I've discovered a flaw in my perfect Connect 4 AI. I can construct situations in which it has an inevitable winning move a couple turns down the road but makes the wrong initial move, thus resulting in a tie. My guess is my AI has achieved sentience, feels sorry for all the times it's whooped my ass, and is trying to improve my self-esteem.

Does it evaluate each individual move and pick the best one at that moment?... without planning?

Just make it able to value future moves... and then pick the one that best sets it up.

Just another layer of checks for you to write.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• So far, I've only seen the flaw when it's looking 5 turns ahead.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Did you previously describe how it works?

If so, I didn't read it.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I described it only vaguely. If you care... I did something very similar to this.

Comment

• Lori, who's the professor you are most comfortable around in the Physics department? Who's your advisor? Who would you have the least trouble psyching up to talk to?

No pasarán

Comment

• I haven't spent enough time on campus to get familiar with anybody. I think I'm gonna send an email to someone in the advising department to see what my best course of action is.

Comment

Working...
                                X