Tom DeLay: "God wrote the U.S. Constitution."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom DeLay: "God wrote the U.S. Constitution."

Oh, if only this was an Onion-like article.

Tom DeLay: People keep forgetting that God ‘wrote the Constitution’
    By David Edwards
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 16:23 EST

Tom DeLay speaks to GETV

Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) this week warned Americans to remember that God “wrote the Constitution” based on the Bible.

During an appearance on John Hagee Ministries’ Global Evangelism Television (GETV) network on Wednesday, host Matt Hagee asked the Texas Republican where the country had gone wrong.

“I think we got off the track when we allowed our government to become a secular government,” DeLay explained. “When we stopped realizing that God created this nation, that he wrote the Constitution, that it’s based on biblical principles.”

“Governments like we have are very easy to destroy,” Hagee later noted.

DeLay recalled that he had closed the Capitol rotunda for three hours as Majority Leader so that members of the House and Senate could get “on our knees seeking the face of God and praying.”

“And I really feel now, Pastor Matt, the Lord has heard us, I see the Holy Spirit moving. And I pray every day for an awakening in this country,” he said, adding that people should get involved.

“Join a group, a tea party or whatever.”
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Is that more ridiculous than thinking the Holy Spirit intervenes to prevent biblical authors or the magisterium or whatever else from getting anything wrong?
    [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Originally posted by 100% Wolf View Post
      Is that more ridiculous than thinking the Holy Spirit intervenes to prevent biblical authors or the magisterium or whatever else from getting anything wrong?
      Yes, only because we have more historical information that can deny the veracity of these claims. I mean, if god wrote the constitution then obviously he wanted black people to be slaves and he just changed his mind later. because god is fickle with human suffering.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        Yes, only because we have more historical information that can deny the veracity of these claims. I mean, if god wrote the constitution then obviously he wanted black people to be slaves and he just changed his mind later. because god is fickle with human suffering.
        There's slavery in the Bible too.
        [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

I'm not quite sure how Delay is wrong here. Unless of course, Mr. Fun believes the Holy Spirit isn't God.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

God wrote the Constitution. Man wrote the 13th amendment. Who do you trust?
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

if god wrote the constitution then obviously he wanted black people to be slaves
              If the state creates rights, than slaves are not truly free. Only the master has changed.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm not quite sure how one maintains that the 13th is inviolable but the 2nd is toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                  The 13th Amendment is part of the Constitution.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                    God wrote the Old Testament. Man wrote the New Testament. Who do you trust?

Comment

During an appearance on John Hagee Ministries’ Global Evangelism Television (GETV)
                      is the operative phrase here.

If you're on a show that panders to a religious audience expect to give pro-religious comments.

Or in this case here, if you're on a show that panders to idiots, expect to give stupid comments.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        The 13th Amendment is part of the Constitution.
                        Lo, I doth see the Hand of God at work in the 21st amendment.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

How about... man wrote everything.

(hint) THAT"S THE RIGHT ANSWER
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            is the operative phrase here.

If you're on a show that panders to a religious audience expect to give pro-religious comments.

Or in this case here, if you're on a show that panders to idiots, expect to give stupid comments.
                            I don't know. It's possible that Tom DeLay can be so deranged/extremist/stupid as to sincerely believe what he spewed out of his mouth.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You're talking about a politician. The spew whatever the audience they're talking to wants to hear. No different than any other. Including Obama. (but Obama was better at it)
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X