I'm Back ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back ;)

If you haven't see it yet, this is from our new overlord in the Site Feedback Forum...

We Hope You Enjoy Your Stay in Mingapulco ...

I've asked Ming to head up the forum administration so I can focus more on the technical/content aspects of the site. He's agreed. So everyone flee in terror give a warm welcome to the Great and Terrible Ming!

(There is a consensus in the group of management/moderators to keep the off-topic the way it is. Just be warned that the on-topic areas of the site will be more strictly moderated than they have been at times in the past. Not that anyone actually goes there anymore ... we'll be working on that though!)
    So yes, I'M BACK.

But not like before. As stated, by our new Overlord Aeson, you will see very little real change in the Off Topic Forum. You can keep acting as you have been. However, any spill over into the On Topic Forums will not be tolerated.

There will be one change however. If you have a complaint about the Mods, a poster, or any suggestions about the OT or any of the forums, please bring it to my attention. Don't pester or harass the OT mods with it. And feel free to continue using the "serious" Off Topic Moderation Input thread for normal discussions (or whatever it is that usually gets posted there)

MikeH and Jon Miller have done an excellent job IMHO, and I hope they continue to do so, just as they have done in the past.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

I liked Mike and Jon's hands off style. Aeson is already busy deleting posts.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ming is a bastard.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Indeed.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

YEAH SO BEHAVE YOU ****FACES
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Awesome! Welcome back, Ming!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                If you haven't see it yet, this is from our new overlord in the Site Feedback Forum...

So yes, I'M BACK.

But not like before. As stated, by our new Overlord Aeson, you will see very little real change in the Off Topic Forum. You can keep acting as you have been. However, any spill over into the On Topic Forums will not be tolerated.

There will be one change however. If you have a complaint about the Mods, a poster, or any suggestions about the OT or any of the forums, please bring it to my attention. Don't pester or harass the OT mods with it. And feel free to continue using the "serious" Off Topic Moderation Input thread for normal discussions (or whatever it is that usually gets posted there)

MikeH and Jon Miller have done an excellent job IMHO, and I hope they continue to do so, just as they have done in the past.

I miss the good old "chill, or be chilled" days, Ming.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Why the hell would you take on this again? Why would anyone want to be the recipient of all the complaints about Ben?

Comment

Oh, sweet Judas Priest. This must mean I'm on my way from Purgatory to Hell. Woe is me.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Mingapulco is getting a hose down, dust off and sweep/

Welcome back Ming - it just hasn't been the same without you.

For a minute I was worried you had been sick or something, back from hospital
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Nahhh... when DanQ sold the site, I decided to limit my activity to modding the sports forum and on topic forums, and Robert was nice enough to let me do that.
                        With the exception of updating the Sports HOF, and deleting spam bots, one would call it a low stress job compared to what I had been doing.

Now, the OT is being allowed to run wild (there are still some things you can't do) and I can NOW PUT THE HAMMER DOWN on any of the Bozo's that try to take it to the On Topic forums. Should be fun again
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I hear they're preparing for visitors in Mingapulco.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There seem to be two current problem posters - Ben and Mr Fun. Ben doesn't bother me, mainly because I don't read his long posts. Fun doesn't bother me either since I put him on ignore, because of the awful reptilian gay photos he was posting. He lost his post photo rights. Others get het up about both of them.

Child's play compared with the old days
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Fun has nothing on Giancarlo.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X