No announcement yet.

Durable shoe brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sneakers" has a lot of results due to being the titles of movies (one quite recent) and a band.

Also they are close enough synonyms that "sneakers" being easier to type than "tennis shoes" makes it more likely to be used both in content and searches (which both feed back into the other).

Comment

I typed tennis shoes into Google and got an estimate of "about 61,400,000 results". Al is on crack.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ban Kenobi View Post
          I typed tennis shoes into Google and got an estimate of "about 61,400,000 results". Al is on crack.
          If you put it in quotes to search for exact phrase, it's what Al says. If you don't put exact phrase then Google will return a lot of "shoes" and "tennis" results that may or may not have anything to do with the other part of the term in addition to "tennis shoes" exact phrase results.

Comment

I find it hysterical that people are getting super worked up over what is clearly a regional dialectal difference in vocabulary. I'm from the south, not the northeast--I call them tennis shoes. Are we going to have a thread where we complain about how all the stupid brits call it a bonnet instead of a hood, and crisps instead of chips?
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I find it hysterical that people are getting super worked up over what is clearly a regional dialectal difference in vocabulary.
              I found this guy's overblown reaction particularly absurd:

"They're clearly called tennis shoes. "Sneakers" just sounds dumb."
              "In the America I live in, tennis shoes is their accepted freaking name"

Comment

I find it hysterical that people are getting super worked up over what is clearly a regional dialectal difference in vocabulary. I'm from the south, not the northeast--I call them tennis shoes. Are we going to have a thread where we complain about how all the stupid brits call it a bonnet instead of a hood, and crisps instead of chips?
                Yes. People who think their northeastern dialect is the standard should be mocked.

Comment

Asics own. I have two pairs (was required to have two pairs for ROTC). They're pretty well made. But most of the time I wear boots because of snow/rain.

Comment

Only if Ben has a strong outlying opinion on the topic.

This thread is awesome.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ben will claim the correctness of the dialect of whatever area of Texas he is living in in a vain attempt to promote his Texan bona fides in spite of being a ****ing monarchist from Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X