No announcement yet.

Poll: Portrait Tattoo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not looking like **** isn't silly. It's a good way to get other people to like you more.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Yes, because there's no better predictor of job performance than mild deviation from local, temporary cultural norms.
      Deviation from cultural norms, like having visible tattoos or piercings in an interview, tells me a lot about someone. A lot that I don't like. Such as unwillingness to obey cultural norms.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Deviation from cultural norms, like having visible tattoos or piercings in an interview, tells me a lot about someone. A lot that I don't like. Such as unwillingness to obey cultural norms.
        This is circular. You dont like people who dont conform to societal norms because they don't conform to societal norms, or at least arent willing to for your benefit. Nevermind the question of whether the societal norm is a good barometer of performance, or willingness to acede to a very specific societal norm makes any sense.

Also you have such a rigid and outsized emphasis on societal norms prevailing for no apparent reason.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Not looking like **** isn't silly. It's a good way to get other people to like you more.
          What if people like tattoos aesthetically?
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

This is circular. You dont like people to dont conform to societal norms because they don't conform to societal norms, or at least arent willing to for your benefit. Nevermind the question of whether the societal norm is a good barometer of performance, or willingness to acede to a very specific societal norm makes any sense.
            He's a conservative. I assume he's working from the standpoint that obedience to certain societal norms is generally an indicator of greater efficiency and employee productivity. Conservatives tend to value social harmony over say, innovation on these things, and generally conclude that there's very little to be gained in social innovation in these aspects wrt productivity.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              This is circular. You dont like people who dont conform to societal norms because they don't conform to societal norms, or at least arent willing to for your benefit. Nevermind the question of whether the societal norm is a good barometer of performance, or willingness to acede to a very specific societal norm makes any sense.

Also you have such a rigid and outsized emphasis on societal norms prevailing for no apparent reason.
              It's not circular. If you're not willing to conform to societal norms, you don't have the type of personality I want to work with. I value obedience to authority and standards. I value not rocking the boat. Just like many employers.

What if people like tattoos aesthetically?
              Well, then they have bad taste.

Comment

reg, born to be a toady.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I feel like if hc had a child and that child got a tattoo he would feel he failed as a parent.

If HC has a child, his parents failed.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    It's not circular. If you're not willing to conform to societal norms, you don't have the type of personality I want to work with. I value obedience to authority and standards. I value not rocking the boat. Just like many employers.

Well, then they have bad taste.
                    You value drones. Have fun with that.

I have zero tattoos, btw.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Reg, do you ever think that what you value is only personally important or do you think its universally true and worth y

Comment

He values it because it is universally true and worthy.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Note that I was emphasizing visible tattoos. If I can't see them when you're wearing sleeves and pants then whatever.

Still think they're dumb because if you gain weight or lose muscle they'll get all distorted and you'll probably regret it later.

Comment

Working...
                          X