Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Perhaps I was referring to someone other than William III - Someone who didn't speak a lick of English? Perhaps this would be referring to the Hanoverians and George I?

Who's the ****** now? Did your grammar school education not teach about him? If you don't understand a reference, I suggest you ask questions to relieve your ignorance.
    Well of course, why wouldn't we assume that rather than talking about the person the conversation was about, you were actually talking about a completely different monarch who hasn't even been referenced until now.

You should really stop now, you get made to look stupid fairly regularly, but Molly is making you look utterly imbecilic.

It is funny however watching you standing up for James II, a man who kept multiple mistresses and fathered a child with at least one of them. Considering how important the sanctity of marriage is to you and all.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
      Please say you're referring to me, dimwit.

I referred to what, two websites directly- each of which was particularly concerned with the subject in question, one of which was of an exhibition based at the Maritime Museum in Greenwich- that's Greenwich London and not Connecticut- which is a few miles from where I live. The other was the website of the Dutch Royal family- something Sister Bendy is clearly in need of educating about, and again, this directly and cogently corrected Sister Bendy's appalling error.

The rest is down to my copious reading. I've read more than you- get used to it.
      I hit "view post" on my tablet by accident. Damn you windows 8 for not registering that swipe as a scroll

In any case, you're retarded. For someone who does copious reading, you are not terribly good at it. Why don't you take a closer look at who I was responding to and the conversation being held at the time.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• It is funny however watching you standing up for James II, a man who kept multiple mistresses and fathered a child with at least one of them. Considering how important the sanctity of marriage is to you and all
        /me plays Henry VIII card.

Yeah, I'm especially perturbed about James II/VII's infidelities.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          my tablet
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

/me plays Henry VIII card.

Yeah, I'm especially perturbed about James II/VII.
            What value would a Henry VIII card have when a) No-one here is actually defending him and b) No-one here but you endlessly preaches about the sanctity of marriage?

It is amusing though watching you defending a 'fornicator' (to use your word). I guess just like everything else, your 'morals' only mean anything when it suits you.

Comment

• What value would a Henry VIII card have when a) No-one here is actually defending him and b) No-one here but you endlessly preaches about the sanctity of marriage?
              The fact that you are attempting to play the James II/VII card? 7 No trump loses to the trump ace everytime.

It is amusing though watching you defending a 'fornicator' (to use your word). I guess just like everything else, your 'morals' only mean anything when it suits you.
              You've just claimed that, "you don't care about fornication", and yet you are attempting to prove that James VII was unfit as a ruler because of it.

I suggest applying a winning argument sometime.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• You literally don't understand anything anyone writes do you.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• He's going off the rails recently, he used to just be dishonest but now he seems to be unable to hold a train of thought for longer than a sentence or two.

Comment

• Just found a really interesting quote attributed to James..

Originally posted by James II (1687)
                    suppose... there should be a law made that all black men should be imprisoned, it would be unreasonable and we had as little reason to quarrel with other men for being of different opinions as for being of different complexions."
                    What a strange quote for a man who led the Royal African Company before becoming King, and whose initials were branded on the chests of many of the slaves shipped to the new world.

Comment

• You literally don't understand anything anyone writes do you.
                      I'm not quite sure what more there is to say.

"James VII/II was a fornicator"
                      "Henry VIII had 6 wives"

I mean, it's just literally a dumb argument. There's no argument you can make from Roman Catholicism that affirms Henry and declaims James VII/II. Logicallly, someone could argue that James VII/II, while bad was better, or that neither one was fit.

Comment

• The arguments no one makes outside of your imagination are usually pretty dumb, yes.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what more there is to say.

"James VII/II was a fornicator"
                          "Henry VIII had 6 wives"

I mean, it's just literally a dumb argument. There's no argument you can make from Roman Catholicism that affirms Henry and declaims James VII/II. Logicallly, someone could argue that James VII/II, while bad was better, or that neither one was fit.
                          That is a dumb argument.

That's not his argument.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• That's not his argument.
                            So his argument is the equally, but differently stupid one that Catholicism bases it's moral tenets on people and not principles? Yeah, James VII/II was a sinner. Don't see how that makes him less a legitimate King.

Here's a hint. I'm not arguing that James VII/II was a saint. I'm arguing he was the legitimate king. This is no different from arguing that a is not b.

Comment

• You're arguing in his favour for the same reason you always argue this stuff, because he was a Catholic. It's exactly the same reason you defend Mary I who was a bloodthirsty psychopath who had hundreds of people burned to death, while attacking Elizabeth, a far gentler woman who avoided using violence whenever she could help it.

You preach about morality right up until the point where it's inconvenient to you, and then it doesn't matter any more as long as the person in question happens to have been on your religious side. It's pretty pathetic.

Comment

• and ben, what the heck does
                                7 No trump loses to the trump ace everytime.
                                even mean?

Last time I played bridge a 7 no trump contract means there is no trump ace. But I guess since I don't have a bridge degree, my knowledge about the game is insufficient. Have you ever even played bridge?
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X