• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to the idea

but it's usually more trouble than its worth
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Which biblical verse said that cunnilingus is a sin?
      Anyone who read the Old Testament and came away with the impression it was ok to do anything for a woman's well-being needs to learn what words mean ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        All goes back to the concept of the union between husband and wife. Two becoming one flesh. Barrier contraception impairs this bond between husband and wife.
        So birth control pills are ok?

Comment

• But no, there's another quote in the BIBLE that mentions the pill specifically and says it's a sin to use it.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Seems odd that the Bible would be very specific about things like putting railings on your roof... but contraception? abortion? well, we need Lord Nazi pope to tell us what God meant to say... but didn't
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• So birth control pills are ok?
              Birth control pills are an abortifacient. So no.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• But no, there's another quote in the BIBLE that mentions the pill specifically and says it's a sin to use it.
                That's right fellas, unless the bible specifically spells it out that something is sinful, it's permitted. What could possibly go wrong with a theology like that?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Seems odd that the Bible would be very specific about things like putting railings on your roof... but contraception? abortion? well, we need Lord Nazi pope to tell us what God meant to say... but didn't
                  Apparently the affirmation that personhood begins before birth isn't clear enough for some.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 23, 2013, 23:15.

Comment

• It's all the fault of Renaissance Europe's stiffy for Aristotelian logic.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• It doesn't matter what any pope says, Ben will just do as he always does and pretend that black is white and left is right. As always he's a liar and a ****ing idiot.
                      Obviously I've been preaching against contraception forever and the fact that the Catholic church says it's wrong has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Then why is using a rubber a sin?
                        If you don't want kids don't get married.

What does "one flesh" mean? A child? Pulling out places a barrier between conception too, why is that okay? Sounds like you're turning what Jesus said about divorce into shooting baby batter into the Mrs
                        Think about it! "Two becoming one flesh". Hrrmmm what could that possibly mean?!

Comment

• Uh, going without for a while is a much bigger "impairment" of the bond than wearing a rubber.
                          Right. Nothing says, "I want to be with you forever" like putting on the condom and putting it in the trash after. Disposable sex, disposable people.

Especially since the times the rhythm method
                          Look up Billings and get back to me.

Anyway, that's an oddly literal reading of scripture. What if they're in a hurry and leave most of their clothes on, minimizing skin contact? Is that invalid sex too?
                          It's not 'oddly literal'. It's what has been shown to be the truth. Prior to 1930, every single Christian denomination was opposed to contraception. The Episcopalians were the first to break. Now, I don't know about you, but given the choice between, "every single Christian prior to 1930", and the modern episcopal church, I know who's side I'm on.

(Hint, it's not the Church of England).

Comment

• Jesus Christ, 6 replies?

Who is raping the deaf kid in your rape dungeon while you are here spamming your nonsense?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Birth control pills are an abortifacient. So no.
                              So .. women who have light periods are (or at least are more likely to be) murderers, right? Or is it just God who made them that way murdering babies?

Comment

It's not 'oddly literal'. It's what has been shown to be the truth. Prior to 1930, every single Christian denomination was opposed to contraception. The Episcopalians were the first to break. Now, I don't know about you, but given the choice between, "every single Christian prior to 1930", and the modern episcopal church, I know who's side I'm on.

(Hint, it's not the Church of England).
                                Because the Christian Church has never had a position which later turned out to be shameful and later considered unBiblical. *cough* slavery (btw, has any told Augustine of Hippo yet? )
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X