Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's saying that Ben doesn't love the sinner when he says those words
    No. What he's saying is that he rejects the notion that homosexuality is in fact, sinful. That is why he takes offense to the statement, "love the sinner, hate the sin", because that implies that homosexual actions are intrinsically sinful.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• he spews hate everywhere he goes
      We're you the one who just accused me of being gay? Curious, the only one who hates gay people accusing other people of hating gay people.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        No. What he's saying is that he rejects the notion that homosexuality is in fact, sinful. That is why he takes offense to the statement, "love the sinner, hate the sin", because that implies that homosexual actions are intrinsically sinful.
        Nope, Imran was correct. I don't believe homosexuality is sinful but then again I don't believe in the concept of sin so it's a meaningless argument for me. I actually have a lot of respect for people who can disagree with something and still treat those people with love and respect however.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        We're you the one who just accused me of being gay? Curious, the only one who hates gay people accusing other people of hating gay people.
        Why would I hate gay people? Some of them are great, some of them are *******s. Obvious really, because they're just people like everyone else.

I just happen to suspect that you're a closet gay. Purely on the grounds that you spend so much time thinking and talking about it, that it's the only answer that makes any actual sense. Free yourself Ben! Run wild, run gay run free!

Comment

• Why would I hate gay people?
          Why else accuse someone of being gay? If you truly believe that there's nothing wrong with it there's no point. Heck FUN even called you out here.

you spend so much time thinking and talking about it
          Uh, didn't you directly call me out and ask if I believed something? Now you're arguing I'm gay because I responded and gave you a honest answer?

Curious Kentonio.

Comment

Why else accuse someone of being gay? If you truly believe that there's nothing wrong with it there's no point.
            Why would it be an accusation? I think you're just showing your homophobia again.

Heck FUN even called you out here.
            What in the name of **** are you actually talking about? MrFun hasn't posted in this thread since I politely suggested that you should free yourself of your inner turmoil and just embrace your gayness. It's not a bad thing (except that then gay people might have to deal with you being in the same demographic as them, which I understand can be painful).

Comment

• I guess BK can't say the Pope is wrong so he just puts his fingers in his ears.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                That's kentonio's point in that quoted part actually. He's saying that Ben doesn't love the sinner when he says those words. Pope Francis, however, shows that he does love the sinners, even if he is against their sinful actions.
                When he answers questions with questions?

Comment

• the Pope is wrong
                  Where did the Pope say this? That's the point. If I say, "the pope said this", then I'd better have a quotation from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    When he answers questions with questions?
                    Like Socrates

(or, you know... Jesus sometimes)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Kentonio is obviously homophobic. Ok, BK plus 1. That makes 1.

Comment

• Why would it be an accusation?
                        Backpedalling again.

It's the standard manual. Accuse everyone who states that homosexuality is sinful to be gay, rinse repeat.

Don't you tire of the same old playbook. Running it up the gut isn't going to save you.

What in the name of **** are you actually talking about? MrFun hasn't posted
                        Fun posted in the other thread, and asked you not to do this. Odd that, Kentonio ignoring facts when it suits him.

Fun at least gets that attacking people and accusing them of being gay is a terrible argument.

I suggest if you have any actual content that you advance an argument that's not simply YOUR GHEY!!11!!1!

Please. It's boring. Yes, we get it. You think I'm gay. Fascinating.

Comment

Backpedalling again.

It's the standard manual. Accuse everyone who states that homosexuality is sinful to be gay, rinse repeat.

Don't you tire of the same old playbook. Running it up the gut isn't going to save you.
                          Suggesting that someone is gay is not an accusation, because there's nothing wrong with being gay. It's not complicated, please try and keep up.

Fun posted in the other thread, and asked you not to do this. Odd that, Kentonio ignoring facts when it suits him.

Fun at least gets that attacking people and accusing them of being gay is a terrible argument.
                          No he didn't, I called you a piece of trash and he said I shouldn't insult trash by comparing it to you. Did you really think he was defending you?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            Like Socrates

(or, you know... Jesus sometimes)
                            When someone asks if they are sinning, and the Pope answers like that there is a problem. He's not Socrates or Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              Kentonio is obviously homophobic.
                              I'm homophobic because I think that gay people are just people like everyone else? O....k....

Comment

• No he didn't, I called you a piece of trash and he said I shouldn't insult trash by comparing it to you
                                Hmm, do you think he appreciates you using gay as a slur? I thought we've all moved past that line of thinking. Perhaps one day the British will catch up.

because there's nothing wrong with being gay
                                Mhmm. Sure, which is why you're accusing me of being gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X