• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb fucks arguing about a fairy tale

god's gonna send you to hell for being stupid
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• God made them stupid in the first place.

Comment

• if Eve was made from Adam's rib after the 6 days of creation, who was or were the women made on the 6th day?

Let us make man in our image, so they made them man and woman in their image

doesn't sound like Eve was the 1st woman
        Yes, Eve was the first woman. If you read Genesis 2 it explains. Yes, Eve came second. Yes, Adam came first. Slowwy, it's not pc, but it's what the text actually says.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• its pc to think Eve was not the first woman?

Jewish mysticism says Lilith preceded Eve and she left Adam after an argument - the first "marriage" ended in divorce.

But Genesis says male and female were made on the 6th day, Eve was made later in the Garden from Adam's rib. How do you explain the gap in time?

I interpret the 6th day creation of mankind by the gods to mean our species, not 2 people. "Let us make man in our image" referred to male and female, but there's a disconnect - why would God tell Adam and ??? to be fruitful and multiply on the 6th Day and then whisk him away from the female to the Garden to look for a companion from among the animals? That makes no sense, neither Adam nor Eve were the first people. Be fruitful and multiply was an instruction to a group of people, not two. Thats why Cain was worried about being killed and how he found a wife. People began multiplying on the 6th Day, but they didn't live in the Garden.

Whats interesting about all that is Genesis and so many other creation myths describe mankind deep into the past as primitive, more animal-like - the Garden story describes our evolution from hominids. A Zulu myth says their ancient ancestors - the artificial ones - battled the ape men, and monkey men appear in Mayan myth about the state of mankind in a previous age that was destroyed. Sumerian myth says the first people were made from an already existing creature roaming lands to the south and were made to work for the gods - why was Adam brought to the Garden? He was there to labor for God and he was fired. But Adam and Eve didn't have kids yet, conceiving (or the ability to conceive) was their sin. Thats what all that sexual symbolism is talking about, procreation. God found out Eve was either pregnant or that the couple acquired the ability to conceive thanks to the Serpent's meddling.

Comment

• so sex for the purposes of procreation is Satan's plan

more proof that BK's cult is satanic
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Jewish mysticism is not really Christianity, Berz.

Sava, shut up and take a nap.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• didn't say it was, just amusing to see it called pc

but if Adam and Eve were made on the 6th day and told to be fruitful and multiply, why'd they wait so long?

If Adam and Eve were made on the 6th day and told to be fruitful and multiply, why did God take Adam to the Garden instead to look for a companion from among the animals?

something aint right with the story if Adam and Eve were the first people

Comment

• Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Let us make man and let "them" rule

Them? Is that multiple men, or just a man and woman or multiple men and women?

Comment

• Read what you wrote. "Male and female he created them" is pretty easy to understand. Why would yu quote and then ask such a question?
                    NM. I forgot I was staying out of this never ending rhetoric.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• its pc to think Eve was not the first woman?
                      It's politically correct to argue what Slowwy did. It's contrary to what the text actually says.

Jewish mysticism says Lilith preceded Eve and she left Adam after an argument - the first "marriage" ended in divorce.
                      Source for this?

Christianity and Genesis say otherwise.

But Genesis says male and female were made on the 6th day, Eve was made later in the Garden from Adam's rib. How do you explain the gap in time?
                      What gap? Genesis says that Eve was created from Adam's rib in Genesis 2. Genesis 1 says, 'Male and Female' he created them.

I interpret the 6th day creation of mankind by the gods to mean our species, not 2 people. "Let us make man in our image" referred to male and female, but there's a disconnect - why would God tell Adam and ??? to be fruitful and multiply on the 6th Day and then whisk him away from the female to the Garden to look for a companion from among the animals?
                      That's because there's no gap whatsoever.

That makes no sense, neither Adam nor Eve were the first people.
                      Then why would the Genesis account refer to Adam and Eve if they were not the first people. Wouldn't it refer to the first people?

Be fruitful and multiply was an instruction to a group of people, not two. Thats why Cain was worried about being killed and how he found a wife. People began multiplying on the 6th Day, but they didn't live in the Garden.
                      Cain was worried, when? How long did Cain live? How long did Adam live. If Cain lived to say, 100 years old, how many people could there have been on the planet? Even if we added another 20 years:

20, gets us 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 (16) in first cohort

Then, you get 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 in second cohort. (128)

Third cohort you get 128/2 ^2, or 4096 people.

It's entirely possible that 'Cain being afraid of being murdered by other people' is from the exponential growth of their own community.

But Adam and Eve didn't have kids yet, conceiving (or the ability to conceive) was their sin.
                      This is from Manichee, and the Manicheans. No, no, it's not. God commanded man to be fruitful and multiply. Their sin, is what Genesis says, disobedience to God by eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge.

Thats what all that sexual symbolism is talking about, procreation. God found out Eve was either pregnant or that the couple acquired the ability to conceive thanks to the Serpent's meddling.
                      That's not what Genesis says. It's Manichean and it's a very old heresy.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Is Ben actually crazy enough to think the events in Genesis are literally true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          It's politically correct to argue what Slowwy did. It's contrary to what the text actually says.
                          I see, the bit about not being here if it was Adam and Steve

Source for this?
                          wiki Lilith

Christianity and Genesis say otherwise.
                          And Jewish mysticism says otherwise

What gap? Genesis says that Eve was created from Adam's rib in Genesis 2. Genesis 1 says, 'Male and Female' he created them.
                          Genesis 1 comes before Genesis 2 and the 6th Day comes before the events in the Garden. God made them on the 6th day, but Eve wasn't made until after Adam was taken to work in the Garden and named the animals etc etc... Then Eve was made only after Adam wasn't satisfied with any of the animals.

But if Eve was there with Adam on the 6th Day and they were being fruitful and multiplying, why did God take Adam away to the Garden and have him look for a companion from among the animals? And when that failed, God took his rib and made Eve. But Eve was supposedly already alive, right?

Then why would the Genesis account refer to Adam and Eve if they were not the first people. Wouldn't it refer to the first people?
                          Genesis does refer to the first people, "Let us make man in our image". But Adam and Eve weren't in that group, Eve shows up after the 6th Day and if Adam was there with the first people, he would have been multiplying with the female(s) who was made on the 6th Day.

Cain was worried, when? How long did Cain live? How long did Adam live. If Cain lived to say, 100 years old, how many people could there have been on the planet? Even if we added another 20 years:

20, gets us 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 (16) in first cohort

Then, you get 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 in second cohort. (128)

Third cohort you get 128/2 ^2, or 4096 people.

It's entirely possible that 'Cain being afraid of being murdered by other people' is from the exponential growth of their own community.
                          The community was Cain and his parents - 3 people. Yet he was worried about someone killing him and he found a wife.

That's not what Genesis says. It's Manichean and it's a very old heresy.
                          Then what is Genesis talking about when it says Adam and Eve knew they were naked so they covered up their genitalia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            I haven't studied it formally
                            Thanks- so you're again relying on someone else's translation or interpretation of a word. That's all that's necessary for you to admit to- the rest is filling and flannel, as per.

Where did you study Greek?
                            I went to a grammar school which offered Latin, Greek, Russian, German and French and occasionally Spanish. We also had a French & German teacher who was fluent in Japanese too, and an art teacher who was French. More importantly, I've studied the society that Paul lived in fairly intensively- we do owe Hellenized Roman civilization an awful lot- and they didn't possess that rather quaint later Christian idea of 'the sodomite'. Sucks to be you, Sister Bendy.

As he says, he saw the Risen Christ.
                            I saw a traffic sign today, but conversation and intimate details of its thought processes were not forthcoming. Next....

Your argument is because Paul is a Hellenized Jew that therefore he agreed with the Pagan Roman understanding of homosexuality.
                            I know what my argument is, and can state it better than you. One of the fallacies of people poor at history is projecting their bias back into the past. A kewpie doll if you can guess who I mean.

Where's the evidence for him siding with Pagan Romans
                            I don't recall it being a matter of 'sides'- you have yet to prove other than by your repeated statement of someone else's translation, that the concept of a 'sodomite' existed, either in the Hellenized part of the Roman empire or amongst the Jews.

It's the exact same interpretation as every other Christian up to the last few years.
                            See above (suppresses yawn).

I'm sure you do. I bet you even have black friends you invite for all your cocktail parties.
                            I'm not sure how they workl things in the part of Texas you live in, or the part of Canada you come from, but black people aren't seen as being a novelty item one can claim as a friend for extra kudos. Where I live it's fairly normal to have black friends- and given that I helped one celebrate her birthday on Sunday, perhaps you should just quit making yourself appear to be an even bigger tw@t than I already think you are.

[QUOTE] [Sure. They didn't have to lynch because they could just sterilize us.
                            /QUOTE]

Just won't rest to you feel you have something over on African Americans will you ? Tuskegee syphilis experiment ring a bell ?

The study initially involved 600 black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. The study was conducted without the benefit of patients' informed consent. Researchers told the men they were being treated for "bad blood," a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In truth, they did not receive the proper treatment needed to cure their illness. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance. Although originally projected to last 6 months, the study actually went on for 40 years.

Your self pity appears to have no limits to growth...

And a loss of hearing in one ear is exactly the same as my hearing.
                            I'm not saying it's teh same- his happened overnight, and affected his sense of balance too. Quite important when you're a pilot, and long distance cyclist. And no, he's not black.

What a ghastly petty little man you're turning out to be.

It's not taught over here, and I was not taught it growing up.
                            I don't believe you about the first part- I hardly think you've surveyed the whole of the American educational system. You're just compensating for your own ignorance.

Hey, quel surprise. Molly tries to stand up for Islamic slavery!
                            Stating a fact does not imply approval. Are you stupid as well as deaf ?

Reap all the benefits piss on it when it suits you.
                            Given that I live here and was brought up a Catholic I feel entitled to criticise both my society and civilization, and also the religion I was inducted into.

'My country right or wrong' makes as much sense as my mother, drunk or sober.
                            Last edited by molly bloom; September 24, 2013, 12:12.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Poor analogy.

Comment

• Indeed, 'my country, right or wrong' is far stupider.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X