Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why No Thread About Colorado and Talk There Of Seceding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Have you not read about the growing movement in Colorado's northern counties desire to secede from Colorado and form their own state?
    You talk about Texas to no end, doesn't Colorado deserve at least some acknowledgement? I know it's not some big deal like Texas, but still...
    Because 1) It's not growing 2) virtually no one supports it 3) it was being pushed by a Republican jackass who was upset that they lost most of the state wide elections so this was their "I'm taking my marbles home" moment. 4) everyone just laughed at him.

To compare the governor of Texas makes some throw away comment about seccession designed to placate the dumb apes in Texas and the dump apes in Texas go wild.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      Why don't these former parts of greater Texas reunite?
      Are you kidding? They worked real hard to get away from you dumb ****s and did so the second they got a chance.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Have you not read about the growing movement in Colorado's northern counties desire to secede from Colorado and form their own state?
        You talk about Texas to no end, doesn't Colorado deserve at least some acknowledgement? I know it's not some big deal like Texas, but still...
        No I haven't. Sounds interesting. Thank you for bringing it to my attention - but where's the link...!?
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          if we had colorado posters with idiotic state pride, we'd probably talk about it
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Little chance of the Colorado legislature agreeing to this. U.S. House, otoh, being controlled by Republicans might just get a woody over the prospect of an additional two Republican Senators.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Rarely do I start a thread about Texas. I may respond to another's thread. You, on the other hand, constantly start threads about kock smokers.
              Who has a chip on their shoulder?
              You're sure it's a chip ? Not peut-etre, a freedom fry ?
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

There's nut jobs everywhere. There used to be a few that were proposing that Chicago secede from Illinois. (since they were more important than the rest of the state combined)
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  There's nut jobs everywhere. There used to be a few that were proposing that Chicago secede from Illinois. (since they were more important than the rest of the state combined)
                  Yeah, but the ones proposing it lived in the other parts of the state.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Those counties are stupid and there is even less constitutional basis for secession from a state than there is for secession from the union. (as in, they literally are forbidden from doing so unless the state legislature decides to let them)
                    West Virginia seceded without state approval, but that was when Virginia was off on a vacation from the Union.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

That is certainly one of the considerations. There are others. Someone in the back of the classroom. What is another?
                      How ****ing poor and vampirey is this new state going to be. Instead of sucking the Denver metro dry, now the federal government gets the honor? Oh and we are going to have 3+ obstructionist Republicans in federal office too?

GTFO Northern Colorado.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                        Yeah, but the ones proposing it lived in the other parts of the state.

ACK!
                        Because people that live in rural districts have an outsized sense of importance until they realize that theyd be ****ing mississippi levels of poor without a giant metro area pumping the state coffers. We see it in Washington all the time.
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                          Little chance of the Colorado legislature agreeing to this. U.S. House, otoh, being controlled by Republicans might just get a woody over the prospect of an additional two Republican Senators.
                          Republican Senators that will have to support their state mostly through federal money.

Comment

I seriously doubt it. The cattle industry there is reasonably profitable. Government money is actually not the grease that keeps the economy going.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              Because people that live in rural districts have an outsized sense of importance until they realize that theyd be ****ing mississippi levels of poor without a giant metro area pumping the state coffers. We see it in Washington all the time.
                              Or, I could have been making a joke. Click image for larger version

Name:	whoosh.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	9095811

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                                Or, I could have been making a joke. [ATTACH=CONFIG]174617[/ATTACH]

ACK!
                                A joke with some grain of truth. I have relatives in Peoria that align more closely with St Louis than Chicago for some god awful reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X