Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why No Thread About Colorado and Talk There Of Seceding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why No Thread About Colorado and Talk There Of Seceding?

Have you not read about the growing movement in Colorado's northern counties desire to secede from Colorado and form their own state?
    You talk about Texas to no end, doesn't Colorado deserve at least some acknowledgement? I know it's not some big deal like Texas, but still...
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Because it's not going to happen and no one cares?

Comment

As I said, people talk about Texas, up to and including secession. Sorry, answer is disqualified.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Apolyton must be obsessed with Texas then. Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas Texas

Comment

I've heard of it, but I'm not quite sure others would be interested in the rumblings in the Greater Texas area.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Those counties are stupid and there is even less constitutional basis for secession from a state than there is for secession from the union. (as in, they literally are forbidden from doing so unless the state legislature decides to let them)

Comment

What was that about Texas?
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I'm a Texan with a chip on my shoulder .... blah, blah, blah.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Rarely do I start a thread about Texas. I may respond to another's thread. You, on the other hand, constantly start threads about kock smokers.
                  Who has a chip on their shoulder?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Those counties are stupid and there is even less constitutional basis for secession from a state than there is for secession from the union. (as in, they literally are forbidden from doing so unless the state legislature decides to let them)
                    This.

Also those counties have no desire to leave the US, so why would the rest of us care (aside from what party those two new Senators would be)?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That is certainly one of the considerations. There are others. Someone in the back of the classroom. What is another?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        (aside from what party those two new Senators would be)?
                        I don't think there's any doubt about the answer to that question.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          That is certainly one of the considerations. There are others. Someone in the back of the classroom. What is another?
                          Nobody cares about Colorado.

Comment

Why don't these former parts of greater Texas reunite?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

nobody cares

and we just talk about texas to troll you

if we had colorado posters with idiotic state pride, we'd probably talk about it
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X